Matillion technology turns every business into a data business. Our low-code data integration platform helps modern teams ingest, enrich and synchronise their data across a variety of cloud platforms. Leading companies like Slack, Cisco, and DocuSign trust Matillion to help them transform operational data into useful information at enterprise scale.
We’re backed by top Silicon Valley investors and recently closed a $150M Series E in September 2021 for a total amount of $250M raised in 2021. Our investors include current and former backers of other leading enterprise data companies like Databricks, Informatica and Mulesoft.
As Snowflake’s 2021 data integration partner of the year and a winner of Databricks’ 2021 ISV Innovation Award, our product strategy and engineering execution is continuously recognized as best in class by a rapidly growing ecosystem of technology partners.
With dual headquarters in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado, and an expanding hybrid culture, we are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our rapidly growing business.
We are now looking to add a Senior Customer Advocacy Manager to #TeamGreen based in the US. Our US HQ is in Denver but we are happy for this person to sit remotely.
As our Sr. Customer Advocacy Manager, your focus is to help drive increased efficiencies in landing, expanding and retaining customers by capturing and highlighting the success of customers across external and internal channels, communities, influencers, and analysts.
You will have a tight pulse on our happiest of customers, build lasting relationships and have creative ideas for recruiting and catalyzing engagement of our customer base. A key responsibility of this role is the management of Matillion’s reference program, focussed on accelerating the sales cycle and supporting the public voice of the customer in Thought Leadership and PR activities. This role also includes responsibility for the creation and evangelism of customer success through videos, written case studies, speaking opportunities, and blogs.
You will work closely with the global Customer Success, Community, Sales and PR and content teams to identify references, build strong customer relationships and drive interactions that surface key business value oriented use cases and outcomes. You will equip sales, demand, PR, content, and product teams to use customer insights to create and optimize customer programs, identify problems, and implement strategies to accelerate expansion and retention.
What you will be doing;
Customer Advocacy and Customer Marketing
- Manage the customer reference program to ID, recruit, and match customer advocates for both public and confidential requests such as sales team reference requests, analyst interviews, marketing customer engagement requests in webinars, blogs, press interviews, conferences and other opportunities
- Develop a comprehensive database of reference customers and use cases that can be used to directly support sales and marketing activities, PR, thought leadership, analyst relations, and strategic partnerships
- Partner with Customer Success and partner marketing team to build and execute campaigns to drive retention, education, and advocacy, directly and through partners, within our existing customer base
- Work cross-functionally to help drive recruiting, activating and developing core advocates in our community and developer relations functions
- Conduct interviews with strategic reference customers from technical user to C-level to support Matillion’s Customer Advisory Board program
- Build a strong portfolio of customer use cases, success stories and content to be used by marketing to create customer assets including customer videos, written case studies, sales materials, etc
- Create and manage a speaker bureau to support engagement at major industry events, press and thought leadership opportunities
- Create programs to drive public customer voice through online reviews and engagement on sites like Gartner, G2, TrustRadius, AWS Marketplace etc.
- Set and report on regular metrics around program impact
What we are looking for;
- 5+ years experience in enterprise B2B SaaS customer advocacy/marketing programs required
- Experience in customer programs, working with fortune 1000 organization across industries and geographies required
- Experience in building strong working relationships both internally and externally, quickly establishing trust and credibility, particularly with senior executives in large strategic customer accounts
- Problem solver who is proactive, analytical, and innovative in approaching customers and capturing stories
- Insatiable desire to continually innovate with your marketing colleagues around customer lifecycle marketing, advocacy marketing, demand generation, customer marketing, and/or campaign development
- Ownership mentality and proven ability to meet deadlines, work collaboratively with others, and ensure high quality deliverables
- Strong project management skills and ability to use data to guide decision-making
- Actively and effectively participates and collaborates across teams to achieve business goals
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to respond rapidly to sales request and support deals and deadlines when required
- Experienced in writing and developing enterprise software customer case study assets
- Experience with leading customer marketing tools preferred
- Familiarity with marketing and sales tools like Marketo, Salesloft, DemandBase and Salesforce
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, scale-up business environment
- Bias for action, willing to make decisions and act quickly
- Proven ability to think and work strategically, while driving rapid execution including personally contributing key deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships across content, web, engineering, and demand generation teams
Find out more about Matillion and our core company values.
- A truly flexible & remote working culture
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 15 days PTO that increases to 25 after 12 months of service
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Career development with monthly "hackdays" and access to a Udemy account
& much more!
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
Alternatively, if you are interested in Matillion but don't see a suitable role, please email [email protected]
Matillion is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our team. Matillion prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, Matillion does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.