Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Senior Administrative Assistant
Perform administrative, general business support, and/or clerical functions for any of the multiple administrative and support disciplines in any department or organization, such as: finance, supply chain, ITS, engineering, security, or for a specific program or programs or SSU/SBU. Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with sensitive and confidential information and situations appropriately and maintain proper confidentiality.
- May greet visitors and customers.
- May coordinate catering for customer meetings.
- May answer telephones, schedule appointments, and maintain calendars in Outlook, and make conference room reservations.
- May make travel arrangements and prepare expense reports.
- May pay invoices and coordinate office supply needs.
- File and retrieve records, folders, or other materials.
- Perform computer data entry, retrieval, word processing, and prepare presentation materials. Operate other computer software programs and various other types of office equipment.
- Represent organizational unit in working with administrative policies and procedures.
- May gather and assist in the interpretation and analysis of data for departmental or program needs.
- May coordinate office moves.
- May serve as a point of contact for organizational and/or procedural information for internal and external customers.
- May update and track budgets and expenditures or accounts receivable, post expenses to ledgers, balance accounts and records, etc.
- May maintain the program or department’s SharePoint site.
- May liaise between the assigned department and Talent Acquisition to coordinate interviews, both in-person as well as virtually.
- May prepare statistical reports; gather and interpret data; maintain databases, records, spreadsheets; update and track budgets; prepare various schedules and perform data entry, etc.
- May prepare written documents, communications, and presentation materials for meetings and presentations.
- Perform a wide variety of advanced administrative tasks.
- Serve as a role model, as well as a mentor, to junior-level employees by providing direction and acting as a resource to resolve questions and difficult situations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 6 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Approachability, patience, interpersonal skills, and a collaborative and customer focused mindset.
- Organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills.
- Functional/technical skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $21.63 - $28.61 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.