Security Facilitator at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
What You’ll Do:
- Monitor security in Ball Aerospace lobbies and alarm access systems and responds as required.
- Inspect fire protection equipment and check for other system/equipment irregularities. Report any unusual incident(s) to department management.
- Assure and maintain safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Control access to facilities, check for and issues badges, sign visitors/contractors in and out of the facility, answer questions, provide directions as appropriate, and ensure non-U.S. person visitors are properly vetted and escorted.
- Perform required duties as needed such as administrative reports, training plans, and work in the lock shop such as making keys, cores, and keeping accurate records related to this activity.
- Assist with physical installation of security hardware, cameras, programming of processors, and troubleshooting systems components including the host, field panels, badge readers, or badge printers, etc. Report or suggest to department management potential ways to improve cost and performance effectiveness for security systems and processes.
- Generate and maintain accurate records, reports and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Maintain company car schedules and issues cars. Advise appropriate personnel when vehicles need service.
- Respond to emergency calls including medical emergencies.
- Be certified in First Aid, CPR, AED and Bloodborne Pathogens and administer first aid/CPR/AED treatment as required.
- Operate security vehicle/company cars as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus six years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Valid state-issued driver’s license.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $28.37/HR - $38.46/HR (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data..
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.