SEASONAL/TEMP Customer Support Representative at Peaksware
MakeMusic is looking for Customer Support Representatives to deliver exceptional customer experience to help create successful educators, students, and musicians through MakeMusic's line of products. This position will be responsible for answering questions, resolving product registration, and account-related issues for the MakeMusic product line.
As of Friday, March 13, 2020: Peakware/MakeMusic employees are strongly encouraged to work remotely from home. We will work with anyone hired during this period to accommodate this to the best of our ability. This may involve an in-person meeting at the office to provide equipment and/or VPN access to enable working remotely, or a delayed start date depending on government regulations at the time.
To be successful in this position, you possess:
- Minimum of 1-year experience using SmartMusic and/or Finale
- Communication: You are adept at getting down to the root of an issue and conveying solutions in both written and verbal communication
- Customer Service: You have the ability to maintain a calm demeanor during escalated situations, and you always strive to deliver the best customer service possible
- 'Can Do' Attitude: You have the ability to multi-task under minimal supervision and step up to help out your fellow teammates
- Flexibility: You are flexible with changes in inbound contact volume, both seasonally and day-to-day, while also balancing additional duties and tasks
- Technical Savvy: You are proficient with PC and/or Mac platforms. Google Suite and Zendesk experience are a plus
Ideally, you also possess:
- Passion for music and demonstrated use of additional music software/DAWs etc.
- Previous customer-facing service experience in-person, via telephone, or via email/online communication
- Availability to work some nights until 7 PM
- 401(k) 5% employer match
- Regular, complimentary financial planning with a professional advisor
- Free TrainingPeaks, TrainHeroic, MakeMusic accounts, and Alfred Music product
- Access to the “Pain Cave” - our on-site workout room
- On-site locker rooms and showers
- Indoor bike storage
- Office towel service
- Access to “The Woodshed” - our on-site Music Studio
- Bring your dog to work
- Nutritious Snacks – an assortment of “grab’n go” fruit, drinks and snacks in our kitchens
- Devour Hour - company subsidized lunch brought in each week
- Growth - significant investment in resources for employee development
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
**Please note - due to COVID-19 there are some perks not readily available at this time
MakeMusic is an industry leader in interactive music learning, notation software, and virtual instrument technology. MakeMusic joined the company's TrainingPeaks and TrainHeroic under the umbrella company Peaksware in beautiful Boulder, Colorado which has been recognized as one of Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work" six times! Through a unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions and provides services focused solely on their respective markets to help guide people along their own journey of improvement and skill development.
SmartMusic is award-winning interactive music software that provides a deliberate practice environment for students in band, orchestra, and choir. With a subscription to SmartMusic, students have unlimited access to the world’s largest accompaniment library for all ages and skill levels, which includes thousands of pieces of music.
Most of the employees at MakeMusic are musicians and are passionate about both the work they do and the products they produce!