SE Storage Infrast Architect at NetApp
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
The Global Pathways Technology and Industry Partner Solutions SE Storage Infrastructure Architect will be responsible for:
• Representing NetApp as an executive cloud architect with deep knowledge of our data fabric hybrid multi-cloud solution portfolio.
• Demonstrating a clear understanding of the necessary requirements to fully operationalize NetApp’s hybrid multicloud technology and position our customers to transform their business and exceed hybrid cloud related objectives.
• Partnering with NetApp’s most strategic selling partners to create partner sold and delivered services led solutions based on NetApp’s industry proven data fabric hybrid multicloud based technologies.
• Enable partners to develop hybrid cloud focused executive consulting and integration services based on NetApp which deliver business value and transformational outcomes to customers.
• Developing pipeline and revenue pathways thru this subset of partners by leveraging NetApp’s data fabric value proposition, which include developing services opportunities for these partners.
• Provide feedback into Technology and Industry Partner Solutions, Global Pathways leadership, and cross functionally within NetApp, related to partner, customer and industry observations, areas of concern, opportunities to accelerate growth, etc.
• Maintain strong alignment with key stakeholders within NetApp BUs, WWFCO, Stra and Marketing.
Primary role to leverage a proven track record of success to create trust and collaboration so that the partner relationship with NetApp transforms from a reseller/OEM relationship to a strategic partnership focused on enabling customers to leverage NetApp and Partner technology, services and solutions to build and operate their own data fabric. The Executive Cloud Architect functions from the perspective of walking in the customer executive’s shoes as an advocate of their objectives to increase revenue, profitability, market share, performance, agility, and efficiency. As an experienced advisor to our partner community, this role will be key to helping our partners develop solutions that will assist them in transforming customers IT journey to the next generation of a services led IT solutions. These services will help our joint customers to transition from operator of assets to a provider of services to the business and its customers.
Creates trusted strategic partnerships through sustained engagement with partner thought leaders and thru execution of an aligned strategy with outcomes that are rapidly delivered with reduced time to value and very high impact. The Executive Cloud Architect seeks to reduce the cycle time of business processes to increase agility, speed, and predictability of business and IT outcomes.
Seeks to eliminate traditional months of delays resulting from inconsistent engagement, lack of alignment on strategy and objectives, and an overall lack of commitment to expand the partnership. This role seeks to deliver well-defined and repeatable consulting methods to enable the highest impact in the least time, while working with each partner to ensure the consulting services lead to operationalizing the NetApp based data fabric and delivering business outcomes to our joint customers.
• Direct engagement with assigned partners focused on services led solution development and GTM plan and execution.
• Lead partner enablement activities related to NetApp data fabric services led solutions, including leveraging additional resources from within NetApp to serve as subject matter experts on assigned topic.
• Capable of passing the customer’s IT practitioner credibility tests to create trust that you have walked in the customer’s shoes
• Able to independently and collaboratively function in ambiguous low-structure environments, creating the programs, roles, processes, and plans as needed for the outcomes required
• Able to identify, qualify, and prioritize opportunities through account team and customer interactions
• Able to confidently lead executive level conversations and forums about IT strategy, design, transition, and operations
• Extremely adept at using ITIL v3 to inform and guide service lifecycle design and management without requiring the customer to understand it.
• Able to define, design, and deliver high impact executive and architecture level consulting activities and engagements with specific actionable outcomes, compressing weeks or months of normal customer effort to hours or days
• Able to design the service architecture platforms for IT infrastructure services, including the practical details of designing storage platforms for application storage and data management requirements with surrounding dependencies on networks, servers, applications, reporting, and automation frameworks
• Demonstrated thought leadership success and productively participating in brainstorming workshops.
• High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
• Ability to manage priorities and deadlines.
• A thorough understanding of go-to-market strategies and the development and execution of GTM plans.
• Broad experience to a variety of cloud related technologies/concepts in a distributed environment
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills; presentation, customer service, business and negotiation skills; comfortable as a leader or player
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
• Excellent project team management skills who can manage people and tasks
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities who can develop complex spreadsheets and scripts for short-term analysis and problem-solving
• Able to travel up to 70% within assigned territory, working closely with partner sales and solution leadership, and NetApp sales and SE leadership.
• Public speaking experience.
Responsibility and Interaction:
o Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, this individual uses their skills to contribute to the development of company objectives and principles, and to achieve sales function goals in creative and effective ways.
o This individual effectively works with, and influences senior internal personnel within the function, and employees in other functions that support the sales effort, and has direct customer contact.
o May successfully coordinate significant projects or initiatives across functional groups.
o Limited management supervision and direction is provided since this individual operates and drives results independently.
o The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert and strongly influences sales team decisions and initiatives. May also act as a team leader and major decision maker for team projects with significant interdependencies.
o May supervise other less senior members within same function.
Education & Experience:
• More than 15 years of IT experience is desired, including 10 years as an IT leader with people and budget responsibilities, or 10 years consulting with CIO level executives for large multi-national companies.
• A University degree is required; a Graduate Degree is preferred.
• ITIL v3 Certification or equivalent applies practitioner experience.
• Familiar with Enterprise Architecture concepts and frameworks such as Gartner, TOGAF, etc.
• Project management certification or equivalent applied practitioner experience.
• Experience which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell NetApp products and services is required.
• Experience leading at least two technical towers (Servers, Networks, Storage, Applications, etc.)
• Specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth of storage management and converged infrastructure solutions.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.