SDLC Administrator at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About the Team:
The FIS Global Service Transition team has the responsibility of providing high quality support for over 10,000 users on our SDLC platform. Our SDLC, the Global Software Management Platform, will be expanding to include Broadcom’s Rally Software Technology. Rally serves as a central hub for teams to collaboratively plan, prioritize and track work on a synchronized cadence. We are looking for passionate and talented individuals who are comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this platform support team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
The Configuration Release Analyst will provide all aspects of first level support to all Rally Application users. This ranges from coordinating work with Offshore team members, adding/modifying Team or ARTs, process provisioning requests and initiate any Broadcom cases if/when issues arise. Work to improve our current user intake process and automate where possible. Collaborate with Clarity/Rego teams to ensure applications are in sync. Familiarize and eventually support all Global Software Management Platform tools.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
• Defines and maintains a library of functional component models within and across FIS product lines.
• Documents functional product solutions for key FIS product strategy and product management initiatives leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
• Documents functional product solutions for key FIS financial services sales opportunities leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
• Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional application components consumable across applications and product lines.
• Reviews functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
• Acts as tie breaker on design decisions.
• Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
• Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of FIS products and services
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and ability to think and solve problems creatively
- Proficient troubleshooting skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate with others
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to respond to requests under tight deadlines in a dynamic working environment
- Must be customer focused, well organized, self-motivated and self-directed
- Proficient analytic, organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of source code management concepts and/or software development lifecycles
- Knowledge of basic problem resolution and escalation practices
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.