Scheduling Planner Lead - Material Quality Assurance (MQA) at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Scheduling Planner Lead – Material Quality Assurance (MQA)
This position serves as a key leadership role to ensure successful execution of processes in the Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) Material Quality Assurance organization across multiple campuses. The Scheduling Planner Lead will have direct impact on the entire team by driving process improvements and cross-functional projects and removing roadblocks to expeditiously keep parts moving throughout our value stream.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate efforts for MQA Process Improvements.
- Provide leadership support for tasks and projects in cross-functional teams.
- Material Review Board (MRB) item management & aging item closure coordination.
- Monitor & distribute daily/weekly/monthly MQA metrics.
- Generate production status reports through collaborative customer communication.
- Provide direction to MQA Scheduling Planner team for specific tasks, direction, and priorities.
- Provide input for, write, and/or deliver performance evaluations.
- May review engineering drawings for identification of parts, process specifications, and materials.
- Coordinate and schedule all incoming/outgoing build documents within assigned department.
- Write and maintain manufacturing routers and material tractability documentation.
- Check and post data to production logs, records, or reports.
- Carry/move/expedite hardware and documentation between work centers as required.
- Maintain strict adherence to business process and government compliance.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 14 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 12 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Previous experience with leading improvement projects or process changes.
- Understanding of the quality function with knowledge of key quality processes (Material Review Board, non-conformance documentation, etc.)
- Project management skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as a team player.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Proficiency using Windows and Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $34.38 - $46.63 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.