Scheduling Manager & Executive Assistant to the CEO at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Scheduling Manager & Executive Assistant to the CEO with exceptional organizational, multitasking, and problem solving skills to support our CEO & founder, Rachel Carlson, in a fast-paced, high impact, and dynamic environment.
In particular, we are looking for an individual who comes with experience managing large, complex schedules for a leader and their corresponding organization. We’re looking for someone with strong project and process management skills, technical savvy and experience to manage those efforts via calendars, project management tools and CRMs . We are excited to welcome someone who has the ability to build strong relationships with both the Guild team and high-profile external stakeholders like our Board of Directors and current and prospective corporate and university partners.
As Scheduling Manager and Executive Assistant to the CEO, you will:
- Be a partner to our CEO, Rachel and our Chief of Staff, Zoe Weintraub
- Work strategically with Rachel and Zoe to align our goals and objectives for each quarter and year with our long-term scheduling strategy and plan.
- Collect feedback on a regular basis to adjust and adapt the upcoming schedule to the needs of the organization and our partners, while protecting time for the important but non-urgent work.
- Manage weekly calendars, including internal and external meetings with clients, weekly travel, high profile advisors, board of directors, and the Guild team
- Support relationships via email and phone with external stakeholders such as our clients and university partners, and manage relationships with their admin staff
- Identify and utilize technology, tools and applications to assist the team in building strategic scheduling processes and prioritization
- Own internal communication around expectations on meeting responsibilities for for other Guild leaders when it involves the CEO (with the support of the Chief of Staff) to drive an effective processes across teams as it relates to the involvement of our CEO in cross-functional business priorities
- Drive organization process and preparation for offsite meetings, conferences, and events in addition to coordinating travel arrangements. In many cases you will partner with teams like Corporate Communications and New Employer Partnerships for coordination.
- Work with senior leadership and their admin staff to collaborate cross-functionally on regularly occurring strategic meetings, one-on-one time with direct reports, quarterly offsites and board meetings, as well as one off needs. This includes interacting with leaders on teams like Student Growth, Academic Partnerships, Tech and Payments, Client Services, and new Employer Partnerships.
- Support the CEO with core executive assistant functions, and take on special projects from time to time with the support and guidance of the Chief of Staff
In addition to working on the Corporate Operations Team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Josh Scott (President, Student Growth), Bijal Shah (Chief Technology Officer), Suzanne Stoller (Chief People Officer), Jess Rusin (SVP of Engineering) Karina Salenieks (SVP of Sales) Mae Podesta (SVP Marketplace Operations), Greg Siegel (SVP of Partnerships) in addition to Guild’s Board of Directors.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience in a high growth company or similar fast-paced environment like a political office where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency and autonomy
- Expertise managing long term priorities and scheduling with the day-to-day management of a leadership calendar.
- 4+ years of experience in similar or related roles supporting executive leaders with large externally-facing roles and schedules, ideally in a high growth environment
- Exceptional organizational skills, flexibility, multitasking abilities, and a high level of attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with clients, with A+ email game.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and utilize project management tools (like Asana or Trello) and relationship management databases (like Salesforce or other CRMs). Expertise in Google suite is a plus, but we’re comfortable helping anyone learn there.
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – and success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise to our work
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.