who you are
We’re looking for an operator/executor who loves diving head first into challenges. You’re a team player who is obsessed with process and client service; plus a curious learner who is comfortable with ambiguity, always focused on progress not perfection. You work great under pressure and can juggle a lot of competing priorities, details, and deadlines. Your friends and colleagues admire your Excel skills with awe and envy.
At flytedesk, we’re constantly iterating or reinventing our internal processes to keep up with our growing scale. We’re looking for someone who can quickly learn our current process, work with our team to identify areas of improvement in our sales process, implement new projects, keep client service front-of-mind, and wear multiple hats. This is a multiplier role for our sales team, so the right candidate has the innate ability of making those around them more effective. If that sounds like a lot, it is. But you also get to work with an awesome, battle-tested team who cares fiercely about becoming the best at what we do.
Drive our sales-side campaign execution process - you will own this process from start to finish: from creating sales proposals to securing assets to assisting with wrap-up decks. Ensure that all client deliverables are shipped on deadline.
Manage our sales pipeline and funnel - work with our sales team to maintain our sales pipeline - tracking of key deadlines and client moments.
Execute ‘surprise and delight’ moments for clients - we strive to constantly exceed our client expectations. This role will help ideate and execute (on tried-and-true and new ideas) to ensure our clients have the best possible experience.
- 2+ years experience in a process-oriented role
- A team player with high EQ
- Ability to operate autonomously and with significant ambiguity
- Ability and eagerness to wear many hats and take on projects that are significantly outside of your comfort zone as needed
- Experience & comfort working under pressure
- Excel wizard (you won’t be writing macros every day, but you should know your way around a vlookup)
- Super organized and detail-oriented
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Photoshop, Airtable, Google Sheets, Google Slides
- Student media experience - especially managing editor or copy desk chief
- Political campaign experience - as a volunteer or full timer, any role where you saw the chaos and “make it work” mentality of the political campaign world.
- Basic graphic design experience - certainly not required to be successful in this role, but this is our dream list, right?
You will work closely with our co-founders, Alex Kronman and Piper Jackson-Sevy, and our sales and campus teams. Our Supply Ops Associate, Kerri Covington, will be your work wife.
You will ultimately report to a VP of Revenue Operations, a role we are hiring for. In the interim you will report to Piper.