We are thrilled to announce Handshake’s $200M Series F funding round. At Handshake, we believe that a career opportunity shouldn’t be determined by who you know or what you’ve done. It’s about what you can - and will - do. Your future, not your past. Our Series F fundraise and new valuation of $3.5B will fuel our next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. Handshake’s community includes 20 million students and young alumni around the world from 1,400 educational institutions, including four-year colleges, community colleges, boot camps, and 290+ minority-serving institutions. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 650,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, nonprofits, and even sports teams like the LA Dodgers. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London and teammates working globally.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is hiring a Sales Operations Manager reporting to the Senior Manager of Revenue Operations on the Employer side of the business. In this high visibility role you will support the acceleration of growth in partnership with the Go-to-Market team. The right candidate will be able to influence and drive initiatives in collaboration with our Sales, Customer Success, Finance and Legal teams.
You will work closely with our cross-functional leaders to build the capabilities required to scale Handshake’s go-to-market teams as we enter new markets and launch new products. You will be responsible for sales programs and solutions in improving forecasting, sales productivity and sales performance. This role will have tremendous impact across all our go-to-market functions and will have visibility into our entire customer journey from top of the funnel to customer retention. If you love partnering with go-to-market teams and leaders, are obsessively detail oriented and have a record of leading end-to-end projects in a rapidly-changing environment, this role is for you.
Lead initiatives focused on growth, scalability and predictability in collaboration with Sales, Product, Marketing, Finance and Legal leaders
Become the subject matter expert on rules of engagement, bookings policy and sales process
Lead core go-to-market processes including sales forecasting, territory management and SDR to Sales handoff
Design, prioritize and manage the process and technical roadmap in support our go-to-market strategies and motions
Leverage data and technology to optimize existing processes to improve sales performance and productivity
Support overall Revenue Operations activities including requests through our RevOps help desk, deal closing support, QBR, and Board reporting
6+ years of experience in a similar role at a fast-growing company or mid-size company
Highly disciplined operator with a solution-oriented mindset and ownership mentality
Understanding of key B2B SaaS Sales and GTM processes (i.e Handoffs, Sales playbooks, BANT/MEDDICC)
Strong project management, reporting, and verbal and written communication skills
Experience with Salesforce, Outreach, Gong, CPQ and other Sales operations tools
Able to work effectively in ambiguity and quickly adapt to change as we scale
Expert knowledge of excel, SQL and BI tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau)
Knowledge and/or experience implementing sales compensation tools, forecasting tools, outreach automation and revenue intelligence
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Hub-Based Remote Work: Handshakers can enjoy the flexibility of remote work whilst ensuring in-person collaboration, and team experiences remain possible.
- Financial Management with Origin: We provide you with a professional financial planner via Origin to gain a better understanding of making the most of your compensation, equity, benefits, and perks.
- Paid Parental Leave: All new parents at Handshake (both birth and non-birth giving) are encouraged to take time to focus on their growing family and are eligible for paid family leave. US Handshakers are provided up to 16 weeks of paid family leave for birth-giving parents and 10 weeks for non-birth-giving parents.
- Mental Health Assistance: We are here to support you in every step of your mental health journey; our benefits include Employee Assistance Programs that offer counseling support for those eligible.
- Home Office Stipend: Handshake offers $500/£360 for you to spend on setting up a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- Team Bonding: Regularly scheduled virtual company-wide and team events! Once it’s safe, we’ll provide meaningful connection points throughout the year for Handshakers to build community and meet teammates in person.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future. Launching Spring 2022, Handshake will offer a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage.
- 2022 Time Off: All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. We also offer 8 standardized holidays, 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off, and 2 one-week periods of Collective Time Off (7/4-7/8/2022) and (12/26-12/30/2022).
- Pension: Handshake matches 3% of your salary towards your pension scheme.
- Healthcare: Handshake's comprehensive healthcare policy covers 100% of employee premiums & 100% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- 2022 Time Off: Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.