Revenue Operations Manager at Ontra (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Where we work
Ontra’s hybrid workplace allows for employees to choose their own adventure: remote, in-office, or a blend of both!
Available remote locations: United States (AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA), Hong Kong, Singapore, United Kingdom.
Current offices: Austin, Chicago, London, New York City, San Francisco.
Please note that we currently hire exclusively in the remote and office locations listed above and select jobs may have more specific location requirements.
For this job we are currently only hiring candidates based in the United States.
About the opportunity
Ontra is seeking a Revenue Operations Manager reporting to our Senior Manager, Revenue Operations on our Revenue Operations team.
The role is a great opportunity to work closely across Ontra to optimize our internal processes around new company offerings and the operational requirements to effectively implement. This would start with how Ontra develops GTM offers and how those offers are presented to customers, all the way to how customers’ orders are captured and processed to ensure accurate invoicing. In this role, you would help increase our efficiency in many ways, including: operationalizing new go-to-market initiatives, improving the velocity of customer onboarding, reducing manual efforts required for invoicing, and ensuring that we accurately realize revenue, all while ensuring our products and backoffice can scalably support the agreements we enter into with our customers.
If you are passionate about owning and implementing long-lasting, scalable changes to Master Service Agreement processes, we’d love to get to know you!
What you’ll do
- Deal Structure: facilitate communication to ensure Product and Billing can support the invoicing of new company offerings and Legal and Accounting approve its terms, including the design and documentation of contract operations
- Contract process: reviewing contracts and orders to ensure clean bookings and compliance, enforce best practices around deal structure for smooth booking process and decrease negotiation time
- Pricing plans: understanding pricing plans from Strategy/GMs for new products and/or new offers and coordinating with Tax and Legal to make sure tax language is added to new product Order Forms if required
- Collaboration: communicating with the Billing team before new pricing arrangements launch so the appropriate back-end set-up can take place (eg, before an invoice has to go out)
- MSA process: assist legal with MSA strategy and feedback on MSAs standing in current sales process and working with product as liaison of legal/finance so technology is built with this process in mind
What you’ll bring
- Experience: 3+ years experience in an operations role working with contracts and MSAs
- Organization & Communication: extremely organized and strong communications skills - this hire will help move deals through the pipeline while ensuring processes are followed and approvals are obtained, while minimizing bottlenecks - requires substantial coordination with multiple departments
- Sound Business Judgment: balance between implementing system/process controls while understanding the perspective and pain points of each stakeholder, without unnecessarily holding up deals
- Solution-Oriented: Ability to understand and alleviate billing pain points via stop gaps where necessary, simultaneously developing longer term scalable solutions (but not dictating pricing strategy or approval thresholds of contracts)
Ontra, the global leader in Contract Automation and Intelligence, combines AI-enabled software with a global network of highly-trained lawyers to offer a comprehensive solution for recurring legal workflows. By streamlining repetitive legal processes and transforming contracts into structured data, Ontra lowers costs, improves quality, and reduces turnaround times. Ontra is headquartered in San Francisco, with global operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. Learn more at www.ontra.ai.
- Opportunity to participate in one of Ontra’s unit-based compensation programs
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance base plans at no additional cost
- Employer-sponsored retirement plans
- Hybrid/remote work flexibility & WFH budget (equivalent of $1K USD)
- Annual professional development stipend (equivalent of $2K USD)
- 4 months of parental leave (52 weeks for UK employees)
- Unlimited vacation
- Twice-weekly lunch perk
- And much more!
Ontra is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Ontra will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected].
Ontra publishes salary ranges on our salary board here: http://bit.ly/3UjAOE3, which currently includes estimated annual cash salary ranges for candidates based in Colorado and New York City, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Ontra leverages current market data to determine compensation, so posted figures are subject to change as new market data becomes available.
Ontra factors in your location when benchmarking compensation for most roles. If you are not located in Colorado or New York City and have been selected to participate in our interview process, we encourage you to speak with your recruiter about compensation for the role during an initial conversation.
In addition to cash salary, the total compensation package Ontra offers includes unit-based compensation (if applicable). Certain roles in our sales and account management departments may also be eligible to receive variable compensation or commission.
Note on Employment Verification: All employees hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in their particular location.
Note to External Agencies: We are not accepting any blind submissions or resumes/CVs from recruitment agencies. Any candidates sent to Ontra will NOT be accepted or considered as a submission without a signed agreement in place.