Retirement Plan Services (RPS) Banking Specialist at FIS (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for the processing, quality review, and reconciling of payment activities related to distributions and contributions for Retirement Plan Services (RPS) clients and participants.
- Maintains daily oversight of incoming and outgoing cash flows including wire transfers, check management, such as check issuance, special handling, and stop/reissues, ACH initiation and returns, and end of day balancing of all RPS bank accounts.
- Monitors workflow deadlines and escalates concerns by providing updates to the Supervisor. Responsible for accurate reporting of metrics and assists in the monitoring of associate performance by providing quality review and oversight of daily functions. During periods of increased volumes, is able to plan work ahead of time and anticipate potential hurdles or issues. Shows initiative, urgency and persistence in getting work accomplished.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert and works collaboratively with others to resolve technical and client service issues. Effective use of the consultative approach with internal business partners and external vendors and acts as a role model within the team to foster an inclusive environment. Provides coaching to associates regarding technical issues and assists with escalated issues to deliver solutions that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Participates in and sometimes leads intra and cross departmental projects that impact operational aspects associated with the Retirement Plan Services business unit. Assist with projects to identify solutions, gain efficiencies and implement business enhancements for the team and department. Responsible for understanding the impacts to both his/her business unit and how other business units will impact the overall process.
- Acts as a liaison for the department by educating others on banking related processes and issues, bridging the gap between groups within and outside of the organization (e.g. RPS Operations, Internal Audit, Vendors, Legal, Compliance and Risk Management) and representing the team in departmental meetings. Is able to listen closely to the views and communications of others. Solicits and shares the views, feedback and ideas of others. Uses open and respectful communications to build solid working relationships with others, makes and keeps commitments.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Typically requires a minimum of three years banking or related financial industry experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Very high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work easily in a team environment.
- Ability to act and think without direction.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Be flexible and have ability to work effectively in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to coach and develop associates by providing constructive and positive feedback.
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.