Renewals Director at RingCentral
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Department: Customer Success
RingCentral is a $860M SaaS company, consistently disrupting the $100B+ communications and collaboration space, with growth over 30% annually. Decades of legacy technology is due for replacement, with most companies taking a fragmented approach to modernization. This is the market opportunity and it's massive! RingCentral, a Magic Quadrant Leader now five years and counting, continues to pull ahead from both the SaaS pure-play pack and installed base incumbents alike (Cisco, Avaya, Microsoft to name a few).
RingCentral is more than just a tech company, we are on a mission to make your collaboration simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our RingCentral Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek extraordinary talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same. At RingCentral, we believe that our success is directly tied to the value our customers derive from our product.
While customers realize value at different stages in their journey with RingCentral, the renewal serves as an incredibly important breakthrough moment to celebrate and reflect on the past while also planning. To lead this initiative, we are searching for an extraordinary Renewal Director. You will partner with customers and multiple internal stakeholders (e.g., Account Executives, Customer Success Managers) to ensure that value is realized, and that the customer is set up for continued success.
- Lead the renewals team and help build the strategy, KPIs and processes to drive success for the team
- Maintain and report an accurate rolling 180-day forecast of renewals
- Responsible for trend analysis of the renewals business
- Actively engage with key decision makers on escalated renewals to uncover roadblocks to ensure on-time commitments
- Establish on-boarding and on-going training for the renewals team
- Coach the team to discover and identify upsell/cross-sell opportunities upon contract renewal to maximize customer growth
- Work with Product Marketing to build competitive information and effective objection handling content
- Engage with the renewals team on coaching and career development
- Recommend go to market strategies to improve renewal rates, revenue growth and customer retention
- 3+ years leading a Renewals team at a Technology company, preferably in a SaaS organization
- 5+ years of Quota Carrying experience (e.g., Renewals, Enterprise Sales, Account Management), preferably in a SaaS organization
- Experience forecasting sales and renewal performance with accuracy
- History of consistent overachievement of sales targets
- Shown discovery, negotiation and closing skills
- Experience handling a pipeline and closing large contracts
- Ability to connect the dots organizationally and influence stakeholders from various roles, levels, and profiles to drive collaboration and program excellence
- Approaches work with empathy and a creative, problem-solving mindset
- Self-motivated, proactive, energetic team player
- Takes an active interest in increasing customer happiness and deepening customer relationships
- Extraordinary time and process management skills, ensuring nothing slips through the cracks
- Treats work like a craft, constantly honing and refining skills to adapt to an ever-changing landscape
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is the leader in cloud-based unified business communications, offering integrated voice, video and messaging for today's mobile, distributed business world. RingCentral eliminates the need for high-cost, technically complex on-premise phone systems. Combining a hosted, mobile, multi-extension business voice system with advanced messaging and web conferencing functionality, RingCentral simplifies communication. Headquartered in Belmont, California, RingCentral is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service. Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark! RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees.
RingCentral is an EEOC employer.