Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
We are open to remote candidates anywhere in the US, although eastern time zone is preferable to line up with the rest of the team.
We are the performance and operations team supporting one of FIS’ core banking platforms. Modern Banking Platform (MBP) is a next-generation core built on FIS’ 50+ years of fintech experience. MBP is a cloud-enabled, containerized, open and secure modernization solution.
What you will be doing
Under the direct supervision of the Performance engineering Manager, you will perform Modern Banking Platform (MBP) batch job performance analysis and optimization, MBP database preparation, MBP batch job configuration, Test instrumentation, Test scripting, Test execution and coordination with an integrated FIS test team for intricate online and batch scalability tests.
- Is responsible for the design and preparation of simulated data and scrambled production data for characterizing MBP batch processing workloads.
- Is responsible for conducting MBP batch workload test scenarios, analyzing results, and communicating issues and findings.
- Supports internal environment preparation tasks on: Oracle database instances, MBP/Openshift Batch PODs, other environments as needed.
- Implements 3rd party tools such as Dynatrace for performance analysis
- Submits problem tickets (JIRAs) and coordinates with development SMEs to optimize non-performing batch jobs.
- Helps with client/production issues as needed to optimize long-running batch jobs in critical production environments.
- Participates in activities that will advance self and the company; acts in a manner that is professional and representative of the company.
- Is responsible for proactively documenting all work and work flows; regularly transfers knowledge to peers and supervisors.
- Performs other duties as required.
What you bring:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Strong foundational knowledge of various scripting languages including Perl, Korn, Bash, etc.
- Proven experience utilizing strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work on-call as needed
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience in object-oriented programming languages such as Java or C
- Basic knowledge in database systems like Oracle or SQL Server
- Performance optimization/performance diagnostic skills
- Troubleshooting and triage experience
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility, a broad spectrum of opportunities and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- A fantastic range of benefits including PTO, sick leave, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) private medical cover, and dental cover
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.