Remote Ground Stations Engineer
The Remote Ground Station Engineer is a member of the Remote Ground Station (RGS) team that supports a worldwide network of satellite ground stations. The Remote Ground Station Engineer is responsible for operations, engineering, and support for DigitalGlobe and customer ground stations. The Remote Ground Station Engineer will collaborate with a multidiscipline team to ensure that the stations operate at a high level of performance and availability
Perform field installation and maintenance of DigitalGlobe ground stations:
- Full Motion Antenna Systems.
- Radios & RF Communications.
- Computing Systems.
- Network Infrastructure.
- Facilities including Power and HVAC.
- Engineer ground station solutions that meets customers’ requirements.
- Utilize project and problem management solutions to ensure initiatives are properly tracked and implemented.
- Perform troubleshooting and execute repairs of reported issues with DigitalGlobe or customer ground stations.
- Communicate with internal and external customers regarding recommended actions for reported issues.
- Utilize and maintain monitoring tools. Perform ongoing assessments of the most effective means to gather operational metrics for insight into performance.
- Ensure documentation is created, assembled, and organized for DigitalGlobe and customer ground stations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with the Microsoft applications, including Visio and Word
- U.S. Citizen with a current DoD Clearance (Secret) or the ability to obtain one
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the year
- Routinely requires lifting equipment weighing up to 50 pounds (23 kilograms).
- Bachelor degree in engineering, aerospace or a related field, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of two years of experience in satellite ground station operations, or equivalent experience in aerospace operations
- Experience with satellite ground station infrastructure including antennas, radios and processing systems
- Familiarity with computer systems, including Microsoft Windows and Linux OS environments
- Familiarity with TCP/IP network protocols
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.