Release Security Assurance Manager at Zoom Video Communications
Zoomies help the world connect — and deliver happiness while doing it. We set out to build the best video conferencing product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Phone, Zoom Rooms, Zoom Video Webinars, Zoom Apps, and OnZoom.
We’re problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate, and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
At Zoom, we are seeking an experienced security manager Engineer to manage the Release and Security Assurance team. This role will be instrumental in driving a higher level of security posture for the Zoom application and services releases, ensuring dedicated focus on the overall Zoom software supply chain processes, engaging the engineering organizations and security assurance teams to drive best practices, fulfilling auditing and documenting requirements, and providing updates to management regarding key scanning results and remediation plans.
● Managing a team of security engineers and threat detection analysts to develop, implement and operate multiple automated processes for software publishing and quality assurance
● Motivating, coaching, and driving the team on career development, morale and team dynamics
● Develop tools, documentation, processes, and techniques to assist in remediation of software supply chain findings
● Coordinate and driving security testing against these automated processes and pipelines
● Partner and collaborate with numerous departments, such as Engineering or Security Operations, to ensure your team is successful.
● Engage and collaborate cross functionally with a range of teams including sales,, legal,,, operations, product management, and engineering to ensure the program operates efficiently at scale with proper training, supporting documentation and processes to deliver the necessary coverage and key results
● Representing team and organization in war room conversations and executive engagements
● Ability to work extended or non-traditional hours on occasion to support
● Respond to security incidents, intervene as necessary to protect company
● Perform other duties as needed.
● B.S or M.S in Computer Science or Information Security.
● 2-3 years experience in managing a security team
● Strong knowledge of application security and best practices
● Knowledge of vulnerability management frameworks and concepts such as CVE, and CVSS
● Strong organization, analytical and communications skills are required
● Excellent analytical and tactical management of complex escalations
● Ability to track complicated technical dependencies and solutions across organizations and teams
● Experience and proficiency with Intrusion analysis, Malware, and Antivirus, reverse engineering
● Knowledge of desktop, server and mobile operating systems
● Knowledge of cloud computing providers
● Good understanding of network technology and protocols.
● Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines.
● This is remote position in the U.S., San Jose preferred
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Zoom’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hear from our leadership team
Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
Visit our Blog
Zoom with us!
Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram