Regional SVP, Fiber Services at Zayo (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Regional SVP, Fiber Services is responsible for all aspects of Zayo’s dark fiber business within the region. He/she will lead a geographic-centric team that is responsible for product, business/network development, engineering, service activation, service management and finance functions. This is a senior leadership role, equivalent to a Strategic Product Group (SPG) lead role.
The Regional SVP, Fiber Services will report to the President, Fiber Services and will lead a team of 75-100 employees.
- Own financial performance of the fiber business within the region, with a focus on value creation achieved thru a combination of revenue growth and cost management.
- Develop solutions and pricing for fiber opportunities within the region.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key customers in the region.
- Identify new fiber prospects in the region, and work with sales organization to ensure appropriate account coverage.
- Identify and develop business cases for local/regional fiber M&A opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a view of competitive fiber networks and a network expansion strategy for Zayo, driven by knowledge of high-value target locations (e.g., data centers, carrier hotels, mobile switching centers, etc.).
- Own integrity of fiber network inventory data, location data and fiber pricing details within Zayo’s OSS (Tranzact) and GIS (GE Smallworld) systems.
- Oversee the service delivery/implementation function, and ensure on-time delivery of new services (on-net and off-net).
- Manage capital and operating budgets associated with all of Zayo’s fiber network in the region.
- Own the service management function, acting as customer representative to Zayo’s field operations/OSP organization as external vendors.
- Represent Zayo at key customer and networking events.
- 10+ years of relevant experience managing cross-functional teams for a major carrier.
- 5+ years of senior leadership experience (VP level or higher).
- Demonstrated ability to manage P&L for telecom carrier (>$30M annual revenue), with track record of setting and meeting aggressive growth targets.
- Demonstrated experience managing product/offer management or sales function for telecom carrier.
- BS/BA degree in business or technical field; MBA preferred.
- Results-oriented, hands-on leader, with ability to develop/execute tactical decisions in alignment with strategic business objectives.
- Knowledge of fiber services business, including pricing strategy and cost structure.
- Ability to establish and clearly communicate business objectives and manage cross-functional team to achieve objectives.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with customers, suppliers, municipalities and other members of the regional network ecosystem.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.