Regional Procurement Category Manager - Warehousing at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
The primary responsibility of the Regional Category Manager Warehousing is to manage and assure supply, lead the category management lifecycle process for Beverage Packaging North & Central America regional warehousing categories and support the global-led strategies for global categories. For regional categories, this role will develop the detailed supplier relationship management and business continuity plans as well as category management strategy, identify opportunities, own the category strategy implementation and execution activities, define the annual goals, and will be the primary owner of the management of the supplier relationship process.
What will you be responsible for?
- Manage 3PL/ warehousemen service contracts through contract lifecycle, and proactively communicate and strategize expiring contracts.
- Supplier relationship management, including developing new and alternative suppliers, and terminating underperforming suppliers.
- End to end procurement functions, including RFX’s, sourcing, service transitions and start-ups, communications, and issue resolution.
- Negotiations for best total value with positive results, including cost reduction and increased quality & service levels.
- Strategy development and implementation of warehouse handling and storage services
- Develop and implement formal Supplier KPI scorecard and communicate at regular intervals.
- Lead and/or collaborate with cross functional project teams
- Savings fulfilment, tracking, and reporting.
- Responsible for continuity of service/supply, including COVID tracking and action plans with key suppliers.
- Develops a comprehensive view of the balance between supply and demand and actively monitors market conditions on an ongoing basis in order to make informed decisions.
- Leads the full category management lifecycle process for regional categories including gathering, analyzing, and reporting on key market intelligence, developing a long-term, multi-year category strategy and development and evaluation of “go to market” strategies.
- Leverages multiple sources of market intelligence and data to make data-informed decisions.
- Has responsibility for the development and evaluation of “go to market” strategies for regional categories and can achieve creative commercial outcomes through negotiation planning and successful execution by directing cross functional teams of stakeholders
- Able to work with and engage Global Category teams to facilitate positive outcomes for global categories
- Leads the performance management process for regional suppliers, including regular business reviews
- Proactively reports progress against regional sourcing goals/for the specified period
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree with master’s degree or advanced certification (e.g., MBA, CPM, CPSM, CPSC, PMP) preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively increasing responsibility in Sourcing, Category Management, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Management Consulting, or business-related operations in a global environment.
- At least 2 years of experience with specific category(ies) is required.
- Deep understanding of category management, strategic sourcing, and supplier relationship management principles and application
- Advanced financial analytical skills and experience in enhancing value through negotiations
- Strategic orientation, inquisitive, comfortable with ambiguity, and self-motivated to identify trends and improvement opportunities aligned with business objectives and strategic plans
- Ability to build effective relationships, influence peers and key stakeholders, and built consensus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to the given audience, present information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with ability to extract key themes, determine root causes, develop creative solutions, and craft concise messages
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and multitask in a flexible, fast-paced and challenging environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills is highly desired
- Knowledge of current principles, practices, and methods pertaining to procurement with a focus on warehousing categories. Real Estate skills a plus.
- Knowledge of analytics and market research methods
- Knowledge of advanced negotiation tactics
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $86,500 - 132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com.