Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Regional Director will be responsible for efficient operations and all aspects of our Colorado based Data Centers including Critical Infrastructure.
- Manage multiple (3-5) Data Center Managers (DCMs) or Lead Data Center Technicians (DCTs) in the Rocky Mountain Region with responsibility for the operations and maintenance of facilities, installation and client demand in 5 Data Centers.
- Track key metrics and KPI’s of operations team’s tasks and responses.
- Assure that all key facility infrastructure and security monitoring systems are operational.
- Escalate any system, process, or administrative issues across various/all departments within the zColo and Zayo organization.
- Track preventative maintenance schedules to ensure equipment remains in proper working condition and zColo meets its commitments to maintain our various Data Center certifications/compliances (SOC, SSAE-16 etc.)
- Ensure policies and procedures are met and consistent amongst all regional DCMs as well as ensuring all regions remain consistent.
- Ensure safety rules and procedures are followed. Ensure that company property is in safe and operational condition to achieve the best working conditions possible for all employees.
- Ensure security rules and procedures are followed.
- Plan and implement a continual work schedule.
- Oversee contractor performance and skills are in line with producing the desired outcome. To ensure that all DCMs inspect outside contractor/ vendors work upon completion and ensures that standards of workmanship and safety are maintained.
- Track and resolve all ‘exceptions’ found during PM activities. Report back to the respective departmental groups of work being completed and forward all paperwork to the appropriate individuals for record keeping.
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with customers/clients.
- Provide focus on plans to improve production efficiency and/or achieve cost reduction on OpEx PUE, End Of Life equipment, system enhancements.
- Manage and evaluate PUE at the facility via the BMS system to ensure facility is operating efficiently.
- All infrastructure related construction projects managed by other internal teams and built by local contractors.
- Train all DCT’s to understand the functionality of the BMS system so they can react accordingly to any unexpected issue at the site.
- Budget tracking:
- Break/fix tracking, action follow-up
- Contracted maintenance management
- Communicate costs changes as facilities grows
- Keep FP&A leads up to date
- Anticipation and communication of expenses
- Metrics Management:
- Install interval
- Overtime management
- Task/productivity trending
- PM completions
- Project completions
- Project closures
- Quality Assurance Tracking; trending and follow up to improve service
- Engineering Degree, preferred.
- Construction background, preferred.
- 10+ years of experience working in a Data Center, required.
- 10+ years of experience managing, supervising or leading Data Center Technicians, required.
- Fantastic written and verbal communication.
- Strong understanding of all data center components including HVAC, UPS, servers, etc.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave