Red Hat/WebSphere Systems Administrator Sr at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Information Technology
Travel Percentage :
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About the team:
The North America Lending Service Delivery team is responsible for 3rd level support and management of the production environment for the Origenate application. They manage deployment of code into production, vulnerability remediation, and troubleshooting client issues. The Service Delivery Team is focused on production up time and ensuring CIO standards are met or exceeded on a daily basis.
Advanced professional role requiring extensive skill and proficiency – answers and responds to complex network related questions and inquiries via telephone and electronic messaging systems utilizing established procedures. Works independently with only administrative supervision on highly complex projects with extensive latitude for independent judgment. Expected to mentor others on staff and is a role model for rest of team. Effectively communicates with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to provide communication on issues or complex information to a wide audience based on knowledge. Participates in strategic planning and direction. Develops, documents and implements standards, guidelines, direction and education on process/procedures for staff. Assigned to highly visible, sensitive and critical systems. Requires an extensive knowledge of TCP/IP networks including layer two and layer three switching, network based server load balancing, routing protocols, and LAN/WAN technologies. Typically requires seven to ten years of experience performing hands on network services infrastructure engineering, diagnosing and correcting network problems and network equipment installation and configuration.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
• Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products.
• Controls user access and passwords.
• Proposes and implements system enhancements that will improve reliability and performance of system.
• Monitors usage and performance.
• Trains personnel on system usage.
• Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues.
• Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs.
• Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products.
• Supports Web access and electronic messaging services and maintains a secure systems environment.
• Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
• In-depth knowledge of Red Hat and WebSphere to cover practices and theories related to configuring and maintaining systems. Also the agility to provide advanced server-side operational items and troubleshooting tasks that support business critical environments.
• In-depth knowledge of WebSphere. Install and Configure WebSphere Application Server, create and maintain various WAS configurations. Ability to perform operational tasks (e.g. Deploy applications, Account Management, SSL, Encryption, Connectivity and Profiles) and troubleshoot issue related to business specific java applications
• Broad subject matter knowledge of business applications and system characteristics
• Broad knowledge of architecture of enterprise level information technology hardware, e.g.,
• In-depth knowledge of various Web Front Ends (e.g. Apache, IHS and IIS)
• In-depth knowledge of SSL, Ciphers, Certificates and Keystores
• Broad subject matter knowledge of encryption and key management
• Broad subject matter knowledge of vulnerability remediation and security
WAN, LAN and computer systems and peripherals and software platforms
• Broad knowledge of practices, guidelines and procedures for planning, implementing and monitoring enterprise level information technology hardware and operating system infrastructures
• Knowledge of storage management, TCP/IP, network monitoring and tools and technical writing principles and practices
• Effective analytical, problem solving, installation and maintenance skills
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.