Recycling Manager - NCA at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Ball Corporation is looking to hire a Recycling Manger to support, develop and enable the sustainability strategy for the North and Central American beverage business through technical expertise, with a focus on achieving goals such as increased recycling rates for aluminum cans, supporting recycling policies and investment in infrastructure at the state and federal level and helping to enable the preference for infinitely recyclable aluminum with customers and consumers.
Working closely with the government relations, sustainability and innovation teams, the successful candidate will have extensive technical expertise in waste management and recycling policy, ideal with DRS understanding as well as zero-waste strategies at the local, state or federal level and feel comfortable providing technical expertise to support the global sustainability strategy internally as well as with key external audiences such as policymakers, NGOs, industry associations and the like.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Manage Ball's intelligence on recycling rates and other technical information state by state.
- Develop a plan of opportunities to increase aluminium recycling in the US, especially for cans, cups and bottles.
- Model impact of potential recycling legislation at the state-level.
- Support Director of Sustainability and Vice President of Government Relations with detailed policy insights at state and federal level, based on superior knowledge of recycling systems and its politics.
- Learn best practices in the US, Canada and globally on recycling policy with especial focus on Deposit Return Systems.
- Work with Director of Sustainability to help create and support partnerships with key industry and community stakeholders including non-governmental agencies and thought leaders, to communicate beverage can value and develop recycling strategies that protect and strengthen the beverage can's position with customers and consumers.
- Work with the aluminium industry, waste management sector and NGO as a technical expert to elevate aluminium recycling interest and provide with industry intelligence.
- Consistently benchmark competitors, competitive substrates and customer recycling efforts.
- Work cross-functionally with the innovation and business development teams to help shape and extract insights and key learnings related to increasing recycling rates.
- Support communications efforts to ensure consistency and accuracy in technical representation across North and Central America related to recycling rates and policy.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Graduate Degree in Public Policy, Environmental Management, Recycling or Waste Management preferred
- 5-10 years of technical experience in waste management, recycling systems or zero-waste initiatives, especially the role of Deposit Return Systems
- Strong analytical and research skills a must
- Strong project management, policy analysis, and stakeholder engagement expertise, to successfully develop and execute strategies and initiatives
- Team-oriented, able to work cross-functionally and globally to translate strategic objectives to actionable plans within the region
- Highly effective writing, presentation, public speaking and oral communication skills
- Understand the general working processes of legislation (federal, state, local levels)
- Local government or think tank experience is a plus
- Experience in the packaging industry is a plus
Demonstrated Ball Leadership Skills:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 98,500 - 130,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans