Receivables Resolution Expert Specialist at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The primary role of the Receivables Resolution Expert Specialist is to effectively manage account receivables of a portfolio of strategic high profile customers. This position is responsible for the resolution of issues preventing timely payables and collections from our 13,000+ customer accounts, which exceed $2.5 billion in revenue annually. This position will provide strategic leadership on innovative solutions to streamline Quote to Cash processes and in turn increase working capital. The position is expected to proactively analyze hurdles preventing timely receivables and working with crossing functional group to resolve the obstacles and mitigate Zayo risk, in turn, a healthy receivable relationship with our key strategic customer and partners. This position is responsible for partnering with the customer and operational business groups (i. e., Sales, Service Delivery, Customer Success Manager, Billings, Tax, Cash Application etc.) in order to improve processes, resulting in increased cash flow and improved customer experiences.
- Effectively manage strategic customer receivables health and cash inflows, produce best possible days of sales (DSO) for specific managed portfolio
- Provide best in class, effortless collection and receivables resolutions to key strategic customer and partners
- Identify process gaps hindering receivables health and come up with resolutions to address root causes, therefore improve ROI of Zayo investment through effective receivable management
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve all aspect of processes issues hindering smooth cash collection process
- Use, improve and execute best practices to manage aged receivables and optimize collection outreach activities to achieve targeted goals
- Full revenue cycle knowledge and support (monthly billing, timing, disputes, and collection of cash)
- Effectively manages customer escalations and drives effortless timely solutions
- Holds self to high standard, lead by example to other team members and foster a productive, result driven and progressive working environment
- Use a passion for Customer Experience, problem-solving and collections – to develop and improve process and communication
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University
- 3+ year’s collections and collection management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ customer service experience
- Background in Telecommunications, Quote to Cash, Finance, Operations, Business to Business (B2B) experience preferred
- Experience in managing complex customer requirements in billing, receivable, collections, dispute resolutions
- Self- motivated and goal driven individual with ability to prioritize and multitask in a very fast paced and quickly growing environment
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple high profile tasks; Experience of handling complex delinquency yet high profile customer collections
- Strong understanding of quote to cash process, experience in negotiation combined with customer service skills
- Excellent judgment skills with independent decision making ability
- Detail-oriented, advanced reconciliation, research, and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Oracle Financial Systems, MS Windows, Access, Word, Excel
- Passion for customer service and delivering an effortless experience.
Base salary range: $50,000-$60,500
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time