QC Inspector III - CMM Dimensional Lab at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
QC Inspector III – CMM Dimensional Lab
You may be an experienced aerospace inspector, you may have been in different industries such as medical or automotive, or you may have even performed inspection activities without the inspector title. Do you have the passion to grow and hone your craft in Aerospace manufacturing? Do you want to broaden your scope of knowledge of mechanical inspection and materials that make technology operate and that support National Defense and the warfighter? If you answered yes, then this may be the aerospace inspection position for you!
What You'll Do:
- Inspect incoming mechanical material and articles for conformance to purchase order requirements, engineering drawings, and specifications using visual, mechanical and machine test methods.
- Verify received products meet the requirements of process standards and specifications utilizing various mechanical inspection equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, thread gages, magnifiers, microscopes, CMMs, and non-contact optical CMMs.
- Part of this role will include learning and utilizing different CMMs and OGP's (which may include the following Software: Measure Mind, Zone 3 Video CMM, and/or Calypso.
- Accept or reject material or articles and to identify and document anomalies and non-conformances.
- Perform First Article Inspections and document per AS9102.
- Create and maintain inspection records utilizing many different electronic information systems.
- May become certified to detect counterfeit parts and prevent them from entering the manufacturing process.
- Obtain and maintain all process certification required for assigned tasks.
- May learn and maintain certification for J-STD-001 & IPC-600/610/620 for printed wiring boards and assembly inspections.
- May learn and utilize x-ray florescence testing to determine material composition and alloy and identify prohibited materials and metal alloys.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 4 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated experience doing inspection activities and be able to articulate your experience recording inspection results, performing inspection operations, interpreting specifications, and using electronic information systems.
- Ability to describe how you use your good problem-solving abilities, your mechanical aptitude, and your training to tackle tough inspection challenges and how you have improved over your career.
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing to ASME Y14.5.
- Ability to learn electronic information systems and tools. This is often rooted in good computer skills and aptitude.
- Ability to understand and consistently follow work instructions and checklists.
- Good physical dexterity and coordination to safely handle parts, color vision/discrimination, and visual acuity for small details.
- Ability to use microscopes and magnifiers and handle very small parts.
- Ability to professionally communicate in both written and oral formats.
- Proficiency using Windows and common Microsoft Office applications.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $23.56 - $31.73 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.