Purchasing Manager at GHX
This role manages the purchasing of goods and services for the company. The Purchasing Manager position requires an experienced, motivated individual with the vision and managerial skills to drive continuous improvement in purchasing and vendor oversight and the technical and problem-solving skills to administer day-to-day operations.
- Efficiently manages processing of requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, and contractor onboarding and offboarding using GHX online applications
- Maintains controls for release of legal and spending commitments
- Helps administers contractor access to facilities and IT systems
- Helps GHX stakeholders manage the company’s vendor relationships, including helping with sourcing and negotiations on request, due diligence, cost and performance monitoring, and renewals and terminations
- Maintains current and accurate documentation of vendor relationships
- Coordinates as a team member with GHX Finance, Accounting, Legal, Compliance, HR, and IT to provide visibility and facilitate their input into vendor engagements and spending
- Partners with and influences management and employees at all levels throughout the company on purchasing and vendor-related matters. Maintains good professional relationships with vendors and other third parties.
- Helps identify, communicate, and address impacts of vendor engagements on company products, customers, operations, and data security and privacy
- Provides internal education on purchasing processes, best practices, and controls
- Helps set and maintain purchasing policies in cooperation with other stakeholders, documents processes, and publishes helpful user guidance, including on the company’s wiki pages
- Generates and presents regular and ad-hoc reporting for business stakeholders as needed
- Identifies opportunities and implements measures for process efficiency, cost savings, and other improvements
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Graduate education in business-related fields a plus
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and ERP systems required. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Agiloft a plus
- Solid integrity and strong leadership, collaboration, influencing, negotiation, and verbal and written communication skills
- Service and outcomes orientation
- Ability to develop clear action plans and drive processes with numerous interdependencies
- Demonstrated ability to implement continuous improvements while maintaining regular operations
- Demonstrated self-motivation and the ability to work independently and with a team
- Great people skills and ability to build relationships
- Brings procurement experience, best practices, leadership, and operational management skills to elevate the existing purchasing function to the next level
- At least five years’ purchasing work experience in a mid-size to large corporation
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and drive process improvement
GHX: It’s the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 600 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia and Omaha, Nebraska.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.