At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
Proposal Specialist II
Within the tenets of Inspire, Connect, Achieve (ICA) the proposal specialist will provide business capture support to the Imaging and Surveillance (IAS) Mission Area. The proposal specialist will be responsible for providing support for proposal activity efforts to include maintaining the proposal schedule and helping to ensure proposals meet requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan and schedule proposal and proposal review efforts.
- Work with managers to ensure proposals are fully compliant to customer request for proposal (RFP) requirements.
- Support the compilation of cost, schedule, and technical elements of capture activities in accordance with company policy
- Maintain proposal schedule
- Conceive and develop solutions to proposal requirements
- Assist portfolio leads and Lifecycle Systems staff to develop and implement strategic capture plan
- Support proposal negotiation activities
- Work with Advanced Systems Managers, Program Managers, and/or customers to establish win strategies, capture plans, proposal plans, schedules, and budgets
- Coordinate activities and participate in fact-finding meetings
- Participate in cost-pricing reviews with management and customer representatives
- Review of compliance checklists prior to submission
- Assist with managing mission area business capture activities
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
- A history of performance illustrating skills in being a self -starter, having excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to work well with others in a dynamic setting, set goals, hold persons accountable, and ensure team-members have what they need to be successful.
- Ability to engage across multiple efforts concurrently.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to present clearly and succinctly at an audience appropriate level.
- Ability to quickly determine and communicate relevant information.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $60,500 - $82,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.