Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
Project Manager II – Operations and Resource Planning
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with individual programs to generate and maintain a technical master schedule of all design, fabrication, test, and manufacturing milestones across the portfolio. Work with program managers to identify, monitor, and deconflict schedule and facility capacity issues.
- Work with individual program managers to coordinate the phasing of technical efforts and hardware deliveries between the various sector programs to optimize portfolio wide execution.
- Work with program and functional managers to ensure staffing needs are identified across the various disciplines with the appropriate skill mix and experience level to meet to combined sector needs. This includes identifying clearance needs and planning program access requirements with the security team.
- Develop capital investment and facility plans to meet sector mid- and long-term program schedules. Coordinate those capital needs at the Mission Area and business unit level.
- Develop Internal research and development (IRAD) and overhead funding budgets and oversee their execution with the sector lead, program managers, and principle investigators
- Coordinate with program managers to ensure execution processes are being implemented and used on all sector programs
- Act as the primary point of contact for maintaining and updating all opportunities and execution financial data for quarterly financial reviews. Work closely with FP&A to ensure that the resulting reporting and forecast numbers accurately reflect sector performance
- May work part-time providing direct support to programs.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 6 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- An engineering degree in a related discipline is preferred.
- A history of performance illustrating skills in being a self -starter, having excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to apply sound leadership and management principles to an organization of high performing engineers developing antenna and antenna electronics throughout the full lifecycle from proposal through delivery.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.