Hotel Engine, the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, is a leader in travel technology with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated our rapid growth by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2022 will be our best year yet!
Our Project Services team is booming with business and we need your help! Our Strategic Sourcing Coordinators are tasked with developing strong relationships with our hotel suppliers to gather, qualify, organize, log and execute booking request for Hotel Engine Account Manager clients. They transfer accurate, complete and timely information to operating departments internally and externally with hotels/suppliers. In addition, Coordinators collaborate with Account Managers to effectively resolve guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process. If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and have a natural self-motivation, this role is for you!
Here's what you'll do:
- Assist client facing departments with hotel booking requests by researching destinations, rates and other criteria to successfully pair clients with the perfect hotel for their budget, location, and quality needs in a timely manner
- Network with hotels to build strong relationships and secure preferred pricing
- Foster positive and long-lasting relationships with hotel suppliers and Account Managers
- Assist in operational planning, projects, and all other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested
- Accurately update and manage Hotel Engine’s internal database and CRM (Salesforce)
- An innovative mindset; constantly looking for ways to improve and streamline processes
- Occasional nights and weekend work may be required
Here's what we're looking for:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to problem solve independently
- Extremely organized and highly motivated with the ability to prioritize work and adhere to strict timelines
- Ability to handle stress and maintain professional composure, while managing and working on multiple request and projects simultaneously
- No stranger to ambiguity, learning new software and an evolving department vision
- A go-getter mentality with a natural self-motivation
- Excel proficiency is preferred!
- 2+ years of hotel industry experience specifically working in Groups reservations is preferred!
- Knowledge navigating and tracking within Salesforce, Saber or any GDS system is a plus!
- The base hourly rate for this role is $22.11/hour with a target variable compensation of up to $2000. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work. Hotel Engine is authorized to do business in AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, TX, & WA. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Hotel Engine is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
- We have multiple shifts for this role, depending on current hiring priorities. Pending your performance as you progress throughout your career as a Project Coordinator, you'll gain flexibility in adjusting this to your preferable days & times. The shift that is currently available is:
- Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm MST
- We support our members 7 days a week. This position requires flexibility; including nights, weekends, and holidays. Please don't apply if this is not appealing to you
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program