Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
Program Manager II - Subcontract
Manage major subcontractors supporting phased array/sinuous antenna system developments and/or production programs within the Ball Aerospace, Tactical Solutions (TS) organization. The TS antenna business consist of large, dynamic and highly technical programs with emphasis on design, fabrication, test and transition to manufacturing of tactical RF systems for sea, land, air and space applications.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for managing overall subcontractor technical, financial and schedule performance, in close coordination and collaboration with the Ball Aerospace Supply Chain team, to ensure successful program execution in accordance with the budget, schedule, contract, Statement of Work (SOW) and technical specifications.
- Act as the main interface with the subcontractor and main Ball representative on all program related subjects.
- Responsible for the subcontract’s major metrics – cost, schedule, technical and relationship.
- Review and evaluate the subcontract status on a continuing basis and work any issues to a best solution.
- Work closely with program management leadership, supply chain and stakeholders to communicate program progress and resolve issues and concerns.
- Work with program team and supply chain to ensure subcontract solicitations issued in a timely manner with the technical requirements to meet program needs. Support proposal efforts that include the use of major subcontractors.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations.
- Identify and ensure required compliance with the government and company regulation, policies/procedures and guidelines; assist with negotiation, acceptance and approval of subcontracts and subcontract changes.
- Employ proactive risk & opportunity management processes and practices to mitigate or capture potential subcontractor issues and improvements.
- Manage new business proposal development efforts to include establishing and managing the proposal team, building a compelling and compliant proposal which reflects the capture strategy.
- Lead subcontracts staff in monitoring performance of subcontractors performing on the contract.
- Resolve conflicts, demands and priorities on assigned programs.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 12 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience managing major subcontractors on hardware or software development, production or manufacturing programs.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $149,000 - $205,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.