Professional Services Manager for FIS Kiodex at FIS
Position Type :Full time
Type Of Hire :Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :Bachelor's Degree
Travel Percentage :25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Only FIS offers a comprehensive energy and commodity trading and risk management (ETRM) system and energy trading software for credit risk management, market data, accounting and treasury that can help you succeed in this complex market
What you will be doing:
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responding to RFI, RFPs, Client Proposals for implementation and enhancement related requirements.
• Developing SOWs that meet cost, functional and technical requirements related to implementation, upgrades, and enhancements.
• Partnering with Sales, Product, and Pre-Sales teams to develop client focused delivery solutions.
• Accountable for Practice Management, Team Management, and Client Management responsibilities related to Professional Service Delivery
• Works with other members of Implementations/Conversions management team to establish division business strategies that align with corporate goals and objectives; effectively communicates strategies translating them into actionable items.
• Demonstrates leadership by establishing and articulating a clear vision of success and how goals and objectives will be achieved.
• Performs resource planning and allocation; supports direct reports in meeting conversion timelines and requirements.
• Manages a professional services staff of multi-functional and technical professionals:
• Performance management: establishes clear performance goals that align with team, division, and corporate goals; communicates strengths/development needs; mentors and coaches team members; provides challenging assignments and opportunities for development; recognizes, rewards, and communicates individual accomplishments and contributions.
• Staffing: approves hiring recommendations; holds direct reports accountable for staff continuity; maintains varying and complimentary levels of skills, knowledge, and abilities across multiple teams.
• Employee relations: fosters and promotes cooperation and information sharing among team members; proactively addresses performance issues through appropriate Human Resources tools.
• Uses knowledge of FIS’s conversion management principles and methodologies to identify, develop, and implement new processes, improve existing processes, and/or eliminate ineffective processes; holds teams accountable for compliance.
• Uses financial and qualitative information and tools to effectively establish and manage budget and revenue goals.
• Understands technical and functional concepts of FIS products including the interrelationships between products and technologies that support products.
• Interacts directly with clients at a senior/executive management level, managing problem escalation and providing sales support.
• Remains abreast of industry trends and technology standards.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
Bachelor’s degree in business, management information systems or computer science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Requires strong project and client management skills
• Requires strong organizational, team building, coaching and mentoring skills
• Requires general business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision and executive presence
• Ability to identify, address and resolve employee related issues
• Strong analytical, statistical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced, unstructured environment
• Excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner including presentations
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
• Skill in productivity, planning and workload management
• Ability to design, document and implement process improvements
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Must have documented experience supporting ETRM systems and applications
- Demonstrated project and client management background is essential
- Consulting, SI, or IT related systems development and implementation knowledge
- Progressive work experience demonstrating a successful transition from individual contributor roles into management roles or a strong desire to move from an individual contributor role into a management role
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.