About Caliper Foods
Caliper Foods, formerly Stillwater, (caliperfoods.life) is a consumer packaged goods company that offers safe and standardized hemp-derived soluble cannabinoids to both consumers and manufacturers alike.
Caliper Foods encompasses two distinct business lines: (1) Caliper Commercial Ingredients, which provides soluble CBD ingredients at scale to food, beverage, supplement, and other CPG manufacturers; and (2) Caliper Consumer, which sells its own line of CBD-infused products nationwide.
Caliper Foods was founded in 2015 on the belief that cannabinoids, especially non-psychoactive compounds like CBD, are a major new category in functional ingredients.
About the Job
We are looking for a Procurement Manager to own strategic, tactical, and operational sourcing across all of our business lines. This role will run point on all new supplier relationships, implement purchasing and inventory systems and manage our company spend while mitigating supply risk. We strongly believe that good process creates good outcomes. As such, this role’s primary responsibility will be to create and cultivate excellent procurement process so we can grow successfully.
To succeed in this role, you must be someone who has a demonstrated history of managing Supplier Partner relationships, logistic optimization, inventory system development, and price negotiation. You should be organized, process-oriented, and comfortable saying “I don’t know the answer, but let me find out and get back to you.” And then you should always get back to them. At the same time you must be comfortable navigating uncharted waters in an emerging industry that lacks standardization. Ideally you will have experience in nascent supply chains and feel comfortable assessing quality and integrity of suppliers on their merits.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing procurement and inventory systems for all business lines
- Acting as the primary interface between the business and suppliers
- Responsible for all procurement operational deliverables such as project management, data analytics, technology tool and process roll-out, and reporting
- Planning and tracking procurement deliverables - ingredients, packaging, equipment, etc.
- Assuring supplier partners are aligned with the strategy in terms of cost, capacity & performance
- Representing procurement for new product introduction initiatives
- Analyzing spending patterns to discover cost saving opportunities
- Participate in product development activities to find suppliers, establish relationships and build a knowledge base of existing and new suppliers
- Managing the implementation of new or updated procurement tools and processes
- Evaluating key suppliers on a regular basis
- Negotiating key supplier contracts as needed
- Managing overall spend/budget for Supply Chain sourcing
What we’ll love about you:
- A process-oriented problem solver who can manage complex situations without panicking
- A team player with a distaste for mercenaries
- An organized, proactive nature that loves building systems and tools
- An emotionally mature adult who prefers to work with other emotionally mature adults
- An inquisitive, curious nature that views ignorance as an opportunity to learn or teach
- A willingness to admit error quickly and move immediately on to improvement
- A clear communicator in any format
- Excellent time management skills
What you’ll love about us:
- A fast-growing company with a deep belief in the value of developing talent internally from within
- A group of sane, mostly rational executives who try their best to be decent human beings
- An environment where fire drills are the exception, not the norm
- Flexible PTO for all full-time employees
- Competitive salaries for all roles. For salaried employees, we also cover 100% of your healthcare premium
- For more details on the culture we foster, visit: http://bit.ly/2F5zhPt
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but we realize degrees aren’t everything
- At least 5 years experience managing procurement in the food, beverage, or cosmetic industries.
- Experience managing ingredient and packaging supply lines.
- Bonus points for experience managing nascent or idiosyncratic supply lines (e.g., novel ingredients, complex compliance requirements, specific claims)
- Experience with G Suite. Come with experience or an eagerness to learn.