Process Optimization Manager at Personal Capital
Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
As Process Optimization Manager at Personal Capital, you will be an integral part of the legal and compliance team dedicated to supporting the business and helping Personal Capital grow responsibly and efficiently. The Process Optimization Manager will report to the Director of Compliance as part of a small, cohesive, and hardworking team. We are seeking a seasoned compliance, audit, or similarly experienced professional who is a passionate team player, is detail-oriented, enthusiastic, diligent, resourceful and wants to be in a fast-paced financial services company. Our ideal candidate will be an auditing, testing, and process optimization expert and have proven experience in evaluating complex processes, understanding process breakdown or weaknesses, and optimizing processes for maximum efficiency and outcome. Specific emphasis or experience with investment advisory services, back office financial operations, and trading is a plus. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to apply and expand their knowledge and expertise in a rapidly growing, technology forward environment. This role will also have the opportunity to be embedded with different areas of the business and become a trusted subject matter expert and quality control leader in the firm.
· Independently review and audit manual or high-risk, high priority reports and processes
· Oversee and leverage technology applications for oversight, auditing, and testing purposes
· Evaluate complex workflow models with ability to troubleshoot, propose and recommend innovative business and technical solutions to improve operational effectiveness
· Monitor and measure the benefits of process improvements
· Partner with internal stakeholders to research, understand, and evaluate financial issues and impact analyses
· Review all error activity and client communication to define a proposed resolution
· Make judgment calls using facts and circumstances within a correction methodology framework
· Assimilate and understand large amounts of data to identify trends/themes and extrapolate on data sets for forward-looking solution preparedness
· Prepare ongoing reporting for senior leadership and cross organizational stakeholders
· Maintain and track process and workflow evolution over time
· Act as a trusted subject matter and quality control expert
· Participate in complex projects or initiatives
· Develop and oversee training
· Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience
· 3-5 years of asset management or financial industry experience (compliance, audit, or testing experience plus)
· Proven understanding of financial industry workflows, operations, and systems
· Strong knowledge of processes and protocols around trading, trade errors, and financial markets
· Proven data analytics and attribution/trend/issue spotting experience
· Expertise in process optimization and process improvement
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications and experience with financial industry technology applications
· Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with senior management and representing Compliance in meetings, forums, and working groups
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to anticipate and provide solutions to complicated problems and be capable of presenting them in a clear and compelling manner
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 5), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus nine paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
Competitive compensation, includes base salary and eligibility to participate in either an annual bonus program or sales incentive plan, as applicable. Base salary range provided below is a reasonable estimate and final base salary may differ based on the selected candidate’s education, training, experience, licensure requirements, travel requirements and geographic location.
LocationCA Redwood City
Base Salary Range$ 95,700.00-157,800.00
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.