Private Client Group Operations Team Leader
The Role: The Private Client Group Operations Team Lead directly oversees a team of Private Client Group Associates, whom work with Personal Capital’s highest value investment clients, Financial Advisors, and Management Team in a progressive thinking, technology focused environment. The main duties of the Private Client Group Operations Team Lead are to oversee the on-boarding and on-going service for all Private Client Group clients. The Private Client Group Operations Team Lead reports to the Director of Advisory Operations.
Specific client-facing duties include, but are not limited to:
- Interacting with clients about any operational matters through conventional communication methods as well as email, chat, video conference, and text message.
- Investigating and resolving client service elevations and escalations
Specific non-client-facing duties include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring all client facing on-boarding requests through Salesforce Reports and Dashboards
- Managing a team of Operations Associates including conducting regular touch base meetings, semi- annual bonus recommendations, and annual performance reviews
- Managing the daily schedules and PTO of a team of Operations Associates • Being a “player-coach” within the Operations Department
- Participating in the recruiting and hiring of new Operations Associates
- Overseeing the training of all newly hired Operations Associates
- Driving Operations related projects and developments by identifying, prioritizing, and delegating areas where we can improve process, procedure, or technology.
- Creating, maintaining and improving reporting for all Operations activity that helps identify capacity and process error.
- Working with our Engineers to help identify areas of enhancement, both to improve operational workflow as well as our website user experience.
- Working with the Account Manager at our broker-dealer custodian to elevate operational issues and to establish and execute long term goals that allow our teams to work optimally together.
- Working with our portfolio management provider to identify areas of improvement between their systems and our desired process.
- Fielding any internal questions about all operational matters.
The ideal candidate will execute on standards that redefine the existing industry landscape, pushing the limitations of conventional boundaries through integration of technology and creative thinking. They will embrace the ability to participate in an organization with a reputation for customer-centricity and long- term client relationships. The ideal candidate will be flexible, as their responsibilities could change as the model is further developed and redefined.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in financial services preferred.
- Experience in managing direct reports is highly preferred.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite and CRM systems (SalesForce)
- Excellent operational, organizational and follow-up skills with the ability to manage and process complex operational work.
- Current knowledge of investment products and services
- Compliance: proven abilities to maintain appropriate policies & procedures for regulatory-driven requirements.
- Remote Delivery: exposure to web-based investment service delivery. Comfortable executing a remote-delivery service model – paperless, branchless, cloud-based infrastructure – and delivering a quality client experience that is better than face-to-face.
- Exceptional verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented, and collaborative.
- Ability to work at the tactical and strategic level
- Series 65 or equivalent preferred, but not required.