Premium Audit Specialist at Pie Insurance (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
| Greater Denver Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:34 a.m. (MST) on Monday, December 20, 2021
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding
Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
The Premium Audit Specialist will support the premium audit team completing internal audits, as well as assisting with the review of vendor audits, and handling audit disputes. This role will work directly with Pie’s customers and partners to resolve dispute issues and process audits. Additionally, a strong attention to detail will be crucial in examining the insured’s information and generating final audit reports. As a specialist you are also responsible for providing assistance and expertise to other remembers on the audit team.
How You'll Do It
- Uses all appropriate systems and validation tools in order to effectively accomplish quality audit results, ensuring the policy premium is still right for the customer’s business.
- Provide Premium Audit technical support as a subject matter expert in areas such as classification use, payroll calculations, internal audit procedures, and manual rules to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that all Bureau Test Audit standards, where applicable, are met or exceeded. Determine actions required of Pie and vendors to ensure standards are met.
- Knowledgeably and clearly communicate final audit results to customers in order to provide an excellent customer experience.
- Oversee the audit dispute process and ensure disputes are handled timely and accurately.
- Develop and/or recommend training programs to address error trends and assist with completion of process improvement projects.
- Other tasks, responsibilities, and projects as assigned.
The Right Stuff
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years of professional work experience required.
- 1+ years experience in premium audit or workers’ compensation insurance is highly preferred.
- Strong Communication Skills: confident verbal and written skills to deliver more complex information effectively
- Developed Interpersonal Skills: builds strong cross-functional relationships. Adjusts communication and work style in order to work well with others
- Attention to Detail: ability to review copious amounts of information and accurately record, sort and identify data relevant to audit
- Strong Customer Focus: ability to build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Sense of Urgency: ability to multi-task and work with speed, accuracy, and efficiency. The willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Developed Sense of Curiosity: seeks to understand "the why.”, asks questions, desire to understand the perspective of others, ability to learn from everything.
- Ownership and Accountability: approaches work with a sense of ownership, takes accountability for output, decisions,and mistakes.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $23.00 - $27.00 per hour
Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
This role has the option to be hybrid or remote. Hybrid work locations provide team members with the flexibility of working partially from our Denver or DC office and from home. Remote team members must live and work in the United States* (*territories excluded), and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
#LI-Remote #LI-JF1 #BI-Remote