Premium Audit Associate at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:16 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, October 21, 2020
At Pie we are pie-oneering a new approach to insurance. As a rapidly growing insurtech startup, we are disrupting an industry that is ripe for change. We focus on small business, and each Pie-oneer has the opportunity to help small business owners achieve their dreams through accessible and affordable workers compensation coverage. Pie has an inclusive, values driven culture, where hard working self-driven team members have limitless growth opportunities.
What is Premium Audit?
Insurance providers like Pie use an annual premium audit to make sure policy premium is still right for our customers’ business. Here’s why: workers’ compensation premium is based on estimated annual payroll, and an audit finalizes premium using actual payroll information.
How You’ll Do It
Pie offers small business owners the independence to buy a workers’ compensation insurance policy with modern ease of service. The Premium Audit Associate is responsible for supporting the premium audit team while interfacing with internal and external customers. You will understand how premium audit fits into the policy lifecycle, working closely with front line team members and customer success.
You will be joining our team in our team in Washington, DC or Denver, CO; reporting to our Premium Audit Manager. Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to be an eager entry level team member and successful multi-tasker; with the ability to balance multiple audit and customer service tasks at once. We are a start-up. All hands and minds are needed.
The Day to Day
- Manual ordering of audits (interim, cancellation, and full term audits) based on set audit rules.
- Handling inbound audit inquiries via phone and email.
- Assisting vendor partners in our audit triage process by reaching out to customers (by email and phone) to urge compliance with the requested audit. This may also require you to explain why an audit needs to be conducted and what material is necessary.
- Reviewing vendor audit reports and assisting with entering final audit information into our policy system.
- Assisting with the review of vendor invoices and organizing invoices for payment; ensuring proper credits are applied when necessary.
- Conducting internal phone audits as assigned.
- Other tasks, responsibilities, and projects as needed.
The Right Stuff
- This position requires 2 years of professional work experience. Experience in workers’ compensation insurance is not required.
- Experience working in customer service is also preferred, as you will be working directly with our internal and external customers through diverse communication channels.
- At Pie, we are fast paced. Having the ability to multi-task and work with speed and efficiency is crucial.
- Having curiosity and the ability to learn from everything is a sure way to help enhance the audit experience for our customer.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock grants)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous Vacation
- 7 days of paid sick leave
- Commuter Allowance
- 401k Match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Monthly Happy Hours
- Generous Parental Leave
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Checkout our employee reviews on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding