Premium Audit Advocate at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:27 a.m. (MST) on Monday, August 2, 2021
We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We think it’s fun to disrupt an industry that has been slow to change. But we aren’t shaking things up for the sake of change, we’re here to solve big problems using technology and an innovative approach to improve how small business owners access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs, so at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us. We hire passionate people who like to work hard, yet we also know that life exists outside the office. Small businesses are the backbone of the economy; talented team members are the backbone of Pie. We are pie-oneering a whole new approach to insurance.
We created Pie with one passion in mind: serving America’s small businesses. As a Premium Audit Advocate, you’ll work to support aspects of the premium audit lifecycle; working as part of a team of problem solvers who wish to recreate the premium audit experience for our customers – injecting creativity, automation, and speed into everything we do.
This person will be based out of D.C. or Denver and report to our Premium Audit Manager.
What is Premium Audit?
Insurance providers like Pie use an annual premium audit to make sure policy premium is still right for our customers’ business. Here’s why: workers’ compensation premium is based on estimated annual payroll, and an audit finalizes premium using actual payroll information.
Pie offers small business owners the independence to buy a workers’ compensation insurance policy with modern ease of service. The Premium Audit Advocate is responsible for conducting premium audits. You will understand how premium audits fits into the policy lifecycle; working closely with our customers to conduct these audits virtually and over the phone. The Premium Audit Advocate works to make sure we are not over charging our customers for their policy. You will do this by conducting a review of the insured’s payroll documents while also engaging the customer in a discussion of their business. Having great interpersonal skills will be of importance for this position as you will be a ‘face of Pie’ to our customer and partners. Additionally, a strong attention to detail will be crucial in examining the insured’s information and generating final audit reports. In this role you are an advocate, helping to communicate effectively, while sharing knowledge and educating our customers along this process.
The Premium Audit Advocate is responsible for conducting audits of customers’ existing premium at the time of expiration, to ensure accuracy.
How You'll Do It
- Receive inbound assignments and place items on the calendar for follow up.
- Generation of request emails for customers and partners in order to conduct audits.
- Assisting customers and guiding them through the audit process with ease.
- Performing the detailed interview and review of all pertinent material (worksheets, 941 filings, profit and loss statements, etc.).
- Entering final audit information in database systems and calculating audit results.
- Communicating final audit result information to customers and assisting with future questions.
- Interfacing with internal and external customers in support of the policy and premium audit lifecycle.
- Other tasks, responsibilities, and projects as needed.
The Right Stuff
- This position requires 2 years of professional work experience. Experience in workers’ compensation insurance is not required.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) are required; in the audit world the way we message is as important as the content we deliver.
- Customer Focus is core value at Pie, and your previous experience working in customer service will showcase what it means to advocate for our policyholders.
- At Pie, we are fast-paced. Having the ability to multi-task and work with speed, accuracy, and efficiency is crucial.
- Having curiosity and the ability to learn from everything is a sure way to help enhance the audit experience for our customer.
- At Pie we have a culture of ownership and accountability. We strive to do all we can, in every interaction and transaction by owning it - start to finish.
- Competitive Salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock grants)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous Vacation
- 7 days of paid sick leave
- Commuter Allowance
- 401k Match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Monthly Happy Hours
- Generous Parental Leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $22.00 - $23.00 per hour
Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Checkout our employee reviews on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding