Practice Manager at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Open Payment Platform allows banks to manage payments from origination through instruction management to execution across their enterprise. Our payment solutions based on the Open Payment Framework include modules for Domestic payments (ACH and RTGS), International payments, SEPA, Immediate Payments, Remittance, Imaged Check Processing, EBPP, eBanking and more
What you will be doing
- As a Practice Manager, you will lead one or more Agile teams with Business Analysts, Technical Architects, Developers and Testers.
- You will assist other management team members to establish strategies and priorities for overall operations by analyzing and understanding the current and future operation needs.
- You will collaborate with a diverse team to create and build flexible, innovative payment solutions that deliver a best-in-class client experience.
- You will ensure deadlines and production schedules are met and reallocate workloads as necessary.
- You will manage internal communications/escalationson all types of topics (SLA reporting, RCAs, Incidents,productionticketupdates, patches, releases and upcoming change management.
- You will provide leadership for delivery team including planning, coaching, recruitment, selection, performance development and mentoring etc.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- You have experience successfully delivering solutions into Production using an industry standard SDLC, e.g. Agile (Preferred), Waterfall or RUP
- You have experience in leading a Maintenance team in delivering planned releases and hotfixes to clients.
- You enjoy the challenge of learning new complex Products and Business Environments
- You take ownership of your work product and expect the same of your teammates and leadership
- You can effectively communicate with technical and non-technical people
- You have proven ability to function in an environment that requires flexibility, good judgment and sound decision-making, often based on limited information and/or under extreme conditions
Added bonus if you have:
- You have experience as a software vendor delivering to customers
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.