Practice Manager, Business Consulting, Americas Banking and Digital Professional Services
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
15 - 25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing
• Builds a consulting team and strategy to effectively execute business plan.
• Develops consulting offerings to address market opportunities.
• Manages key FIS channel relationships such as sales, relationship management, product management, business unit management and others ensuring continued collaboration to drive results for Practice.
• Ensures Practice provides industry thought leadership.
• Responsible for profit and loss of consulting practice including forecasting and managing to revenue and expense targets and communicating business metrics to senior management.
• Ensures generated revenue meets or exceeds plan for FIS Consulting Services Business.
• Ensures consulting engagements provide excellent client satisfaction and client loyalty.
• Manages consulting personnel including engagement staffing, staff performance/evaluations, effective communication, career planning and succession planning.
• Provides resources with right expertise to meet business needs and manage external relationships creating a flexible staffing alternative for peak demand times.
• Ensures effective utilization of resources on billable projects, asset development, sales support and thought leadership.
• Collaborates with other Consulting Practice Managers to ensure right resources are working on right work to optimize goals for the entire division based on priorities and demand generated.
• Attracts and retains talent to meet business needs for practice.
• Provides direct sales support throughout entire sales cycle working closely with sales and account management to create and close opportunities including proposal/statement of work development, negotiating pricing, project planning and giving prospect presentations.
• Maintains quality client relationships to gain referrals for new clients.
• Nurtures relationships, defines consulting engagements to support relationship needs and sells the initiative.
• Willing to travel 30% to 50% (or as needed).
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
•Bachelor’s degree in business administration or law or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
•Typically requires five or more years management experience in financial services industry or consulting.
• Leadership, management, organizational, and team building skills.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to build relationships with C-level management, peers and others.
• Broad knowledge of regulatory requirements, financial institution operations, and risk management.
• Speaks and writes fluently.
• Listening skills and ability to ensure open and candid two-way communication.
• Ability to expresses both facts and opinions clearly and concisely.
• Project management, productivity, planning, and workload management skills.
• Negotiation skills regarding complex issues
• Ability to work well under pressure and keep emotions under control during difficult situations.
• Adaptable and dependable in fast-paced, changing business environments.
• Strives for continuous improvement.
• Chooses the honest, ethical course of action and is consistent in word and deed.
• Relevant certification for area of expertise
• Relevant aptitude for area of expertise
What we offer you
A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.