Portfolio Strategy Manager at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Portfolio Strategy Manager in its Learning Marketplace division to support the growth and analysis of Guild’s portfolio of academic programs. This person will play a meaningful role in evaluating and advising on the growth of Guild’s Learning Marketplace, ensuring that academic programs deliver positive outcomes to our learners, meet employer needs, and balance supply with demand. They will use their insights to advise recommendations for portfolio growth, partnership expansions, and employer catalog design.
Guild operates on the cutting edge of the Future of Work, partnering with the United States’ largest companies to innovate on how to educate and up-skill millions of employees. These employers span industries, with a particular focus on employers with large populations of front-line employees, including Financial Services, Retail, Restaurants and Telecommunications. The Portfolio Strategy team is responsible for ensuring we build a healthy, balanced portfolio of academic programs to drives Guild learner and employer goals.
- Partner with Portfolio Strategy and Learning Marketplace leadership to define the best metrics for measuring portfolio performance as it relates to marketplace balance, growth, access and outcomes.
- Iterate on Guild's Learning Marketplace scorecard by working cross-organizationally to validate the most important metrics for driving strategic decision-making related to partnership expansions, employer policy design, program promotion, and more.
- Own insights on the performance of Guild's academic programs and partners. Use those insights to drive recommendations for how we grow, curate, and manage our portfolio.
- Act as the go-to “specialist” on Learning Marketplace health to advise collaborative, project-based work for leaders, academic partners, and employer partners.
- Collaborate with Portfolio Strategy analysts and leaders to drive key initiatives, support team growth, and lead special strategic projects as needed.
- 4+ years in management consulting, policy research, or an internal strategy
- A collaborative approach, with experience building relationships and engaging partners across a complex organization
- Outstanding quantitative skills, with experience using data analysis tools (Excel, Looker) and synthesizing disparate datasets to produce meaningful insights
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, experience synthesizing information and communicating insights effectively
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills, with a high attention to detail and the ability to keep track of both the high-level progress and the small details
- Knowledge of higher education, including familiarity with postsecondary and workforce data sets and policy strongly preferred
- Experience and expertise in marketplace supply and demand dynamics strongly preferred.
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $105,000 - $127,500, bonus eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth