Planner Principal - Manufacturing (OE&P) at Ball Aerospace (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Planner Principal – Manufacturing (OE&P)
Join the Operational Engineering & Planning (OE&P) team today!
What You'll Do:
- Perform planning and production tasks, anticipate program needs, and expedite material and tool requirements for production, manufacturing or assembly operations.
- Review engineering drawings for identification of parts, materials and tooling needs.
- Assist in identifying assembly and fabrication tooling needs.
- Plan sequential manufacturing and assembly operations; may estimate and generate production schedules to accommodate the program master schedule.
- Provide continued information to update project schedules.
- Write and maintain manufacturing routers, configuration requirements, and material tractability documentation.
- Create and utilize purchase requisitions through approval.
- Anticipate material/ part shortages or delays and expedite as required to eliminate project schedule impacts.
- Plan and coordinate tool requirements and cost estimates for production manufacturing and assembly operations.
- Identify long lead procurement and fabrication needs.
- Provide material and manufacturing status reports.
- Maintain strict adherence to business process and government compliance.
- May lead a team of less experienced planners and serve as a resource for solving problems.
- Work with external suppliers and program team to ensure program success.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 10 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 8 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Manufacturing, materials or operations experience in a business environment.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $32.21 - $43.51 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.