Payroll Support Specialist
Are you ready to plant roots and grow with a Denver-based company that is making a name for themselves? If so, we here at Wurk want to meet you! Wurk is the cannabis industry’s first all-in-one workforce management solution. We’ve created a dynamic system to manage payroll, HR, timekeeping, and tax compliance. It’s a platform with everything your clients need to automate processes, streamline operations and minimize regulatory risk. Our responsibility is to protect the people and businesses of the cannabis industry so they can focus their energies on making social change in the world we live. Our all-in-one solution automates the most complicated and risk-prone processes associated with recruiting, scheduling, and paying employees.
The Payroll Support Specialist will support our growing customer base as well as their employees by processing payroll from start to finish and validating employee data. In this position, you will make employee and client level changes, learn and document the unique processing rules for your portfolio of clients and provide excellent customer service.
What’s in it for you?
- Work with one of the most amazing tech start-ups the industry has ever seen and be a part of an incredible team that’s going places and leading an industry.
- Apply your technical, project, and problem-solving skills to an evolving market
- Work in colorful Colorado near the bustling heart of Downtown Denver and our gorgeous ballpark
- Collaborate with bright, fun, and goal-oriented teams in an open and lively environment
- Reap the benefits of flexible PTO, and access to exciting industry events
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Free Parking Space Downtown Denver ($90/Month Value)
- Dog Friendly Workspace
- Eligible to receive equity in Company
- 1 Month Sabbatical after 4 years of employment
What you’ll need to accomplish!
- Within your first 30 days, you will learn the Würk platform modules of Payroll and Time, begin to process simple payrolls and document payroll notes
- Within 60 days, you’ll fully own a portfolio of clients and learn the HR modules of the Würk platform
- Within 90 days, you’ll become well versed with the entire Würk platform and fully support your portfolio of clients
- Manage client payrolls and ensure on time and accurate processing
- Provide ongoing and employee support via phone and email regarding payroll and the Würk Technology
- Assist with internal and external project management as needed
What you’ll need to have!
- 2-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of payroll processing and administration experience in a high volume, multi-state, corporate environment
- Coordinate and assign work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Handle highly sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Work well under pressure and consistently meet strict deadlines
- Organized, high standard of accuracy, attention to detail, and excellent follow-up skills
- Effective problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve complex issues
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs with strong Excel Knowledge (i.e., Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, formulas)
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with competing priorities under minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and math skills with the ability to identify trends and implement process improvements
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex details to all levels within the organization
- Working knowledge of payroll lifecycles, best practices, and Federal, State, and local regulations
What we’d like you to have!
- Experience with HRIS/HCM Technology
- Experience working in a multi-employer environment
- CPP certification
- Experience with Salesforce ServiceCloud or other Support ticketing systems
- Experience with Kronos, ADP, Paychex, Workday, Other Payroll processing software
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Wurk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Wurk does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.