Alto is a telehealth pharmacy focused on helping people live healthier by making the prescription experience easier, more supportive, and more affordable. We’re transforming a $500 billion industry by reinventing what a pharmacy can do, for both patients and providers—from hand-delivering medications for free to offering on-call help by text or chat. Over one million deliveries, over a thousand five-star Yelp reviews, and an NPS score of +86 later, we’re proud to say we’ve built a pharmacy that people truly love.
About the Team
The Patient Care experience is an essential part of our mission to build the pharmacy of the future. Our Patient Care team goes above and beyond for our patients by combining the friendliness of your neighborhood pharmacy with the speed of a fast-moving startup. We believe in changing the traditional pharmacy model for the better to provide a five-star experience.
As a Patient Care Specialist, you will use our custom-built pharmacy management system to perform detailed data entry and processing. In addition to prescription intake, responsibilities will include coordinating renewals. This is an external-facing where you’ll deliver an extraordinary customer service experience via phone, email, text, and chat.
Employment is conditional upon having an active or provisional PTCB certification. After obtaining a provisional license, successful new hires are expected to write the PTCB exam within 18 months. Alto will cover the cost of your registration fee and renewals upon expiration.
Accelerate your career as you:
- Provide excellent customer service, particularly on phone calls and messages
- Work with patients and other pharmacies to assist with prescription transfers.
- Utilize training and coaching from your leads to identify areas for process improvement
A bit about you:
- 0-2 years of experience as a pharmacy technician or call center agent
- PTCB or provisional license is required, registered with the Colorado Board of Pharmacy
- Ability to perform common math calculations
- Ability to interpret, transcribe and troubleshoot prescription information
- Ability to learn and operate a new pharmacy management system and other relevant technology
Additional Physical Job Requirements:
- Read English, comprehend, and follow simple oral and written instructions. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading. Assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Communicating with others to exchange information. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Frequent repeating motions required to operate a computer that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work: Sitting most of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Salary Range: $18.00- $18.50
Commission Eligible: No
Equity Eligible: Yes
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Group Life, AD&D, Employer paid STD/LTD, generous PTO and parental leave.
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog here: https://blog.alto.com
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.