OSP Director at Zayo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The OSP Director is responsible for everything that happens and fails to happen in outside plant (OSP) in given markets, with specific focus on fiber outages, maintenance, and relocations where all projects will adhere to approved plans, budgets, and schedules. This includes but not limited to: fiber outage interval performance, cost tracking and management, project cost actuals versus budget, build quality, network maintenance identification and repairs, relocation project oversight and overall ownership. The OSP Director is expected to provide direction to in market Project Managers, as well as taking a direct Project Manager role in large, high profile relocation projects. The overall OSP Area Director goals are to deliver projects on time, on interval, on budget and in compliance with all build quality and safety standards.
- Manage all facets of the OSP project - deliver on time, on budget, within quality and safety standards. These projects include network maintenance identification and repair and small to very large relocation projects.
- Act as fiber outage escalation point of contact to on-call project managers and NCC.
- Oversee all information collection for billing of responsible network damages.
- Resolve project roadblocks.
- Effectively track, report and communicate OSP project progress.
- Provide early communication on potential due date, interval, and/or budget slips to the OSP functional leadership.
- Participate in project meetings and effectively support the overall project effort.
- Support relocation meetings as necessary.
- Develop high-level OSP schedule for each project.
- Develop detailed baseline OSP schedule upon project initiation and maintain this schedule throughout the course of the project. Ensure that project tracker is updated regularly.
- Manage OSP RFP/bidding/award in compliance with company procurement policy.
- Review and approve OSP contractor invoices in a timely manner.
- Complete and close-out all assigned ISO tasks in a timely manner.
- Provide as-built drawings to Fiber Engineering upon completion of construction for each segment.
- Daily and frequent interaction with third party outside plant engineering and construction suppliers, local municipalities, state agencies, and public utilities.
- Periodic interface with Zayo senior management on critical projects, customer escalations, and budget reviews.
- Ensure projects meet deadlines.
- Full ability and willingness to pull on-call duty when assigned, as dictated by the needs of the business.
- BS degree in Engineering, Information Technology or other related technical discipline and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of ten years technical and management work related experience in the telecommunications industry with emphasis on OSP construction, optical networks, project management, and direct customer interface.
- The individual will manage a team of 3-4 project managers.
- The position will require outstanding critical thinking and decision-making process, the anticipation of risky business situations with deliberate and swift response to same.
- The position will be expected to compose and manage both expense and capital budgets in excess of $1M. The individual will be responsible for the identification and repair of the fiber optic network as well as all relocations of the network.
- The position will require extensive local travel and access/availability to serve the needs of the business on a 24/7 basis.
- The individual must possess outstanding communication skills, written and verbal, as well as, strong interpersonal skills as he/she interfaces with subordinates, peers, customers, and vendors.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave