Order Fulfillment Specialist I at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
position is responsible for providing order fulfillment services to our customers. The primary responsibilities are to receive customer orders and changes, input them to the ERP system and tender the orders to transportation providers to complete delivery. Critical thinking and problem solving will be a crucial part of this job role.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Receives and enters customer orders, change orders and credit orders for finished goods to the ERP system.
- Tenders customer orders to transportation providers at least cost, expediting as required.
- Prepares export documents as required to support international shipments.
- Interact with customers, communicating to and resolving issues around fulfilling their orders and negotiating alternative plans for delivery.
- Tracks customer shipments at the request of the customer as required.
- Assists in monitoring shipping schedules at distribution centers.
- Monitors inventory levels of related products, notifying production control manager of impending shortages.
- Reviews inventory levels of related products in distribution centers and schedules inventory transfers to replenish shortages as well as alerts respective Production Control Manager of any supply issues.
- Monitors cash in advance (CiA) customer payment receipts and notifies production control manager of cash receipt triggering authorization to produce product.
- Maintains business data to support customer order fulfillment in the ERP system.
- Supports Manager, Customer Order Fulfillment as required.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- High School Diploma or education equivalent required.
- Job related experience for 3 year(s) minimum.
- Should have previous order fulfilment role experience.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $53,500 - 79,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 8
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans