At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Optical Metrology Technical Specialist Associate
Join Ball Aerospace’s Spatial Metrology team as a Technical Specialist Associate! In this exciting career opportunity, you will provide spatial metrology for state-of-the-art space-based optical remote sensing systems and other spaceflight hardware for a variety of applications.
What You'll Do:
- Work with teams of engineers to perform spatial metrology on spaceflight hardware using a variety of spatial measurement instruments.
- Work in a team environment with engineers, technicians, and other technical specialists.
- Perform analysis of spatial metrology data.
- Maintain electronic build records, required logs, records, and reports in accordance with BATC policies/procedures and government regulations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School Diploma and 10 or more years of experience or a two-year technical degree with 8 or more years of experience is required.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience with one of the following measurement equipment and software:
- Theodolites, Portable CMMs, Laser trackers, Laser radars, NRK SA software.
- Working knowledge of Geometric, Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
- Experience working from concept through delivery of hardware, including data analysis and report generation.
- Experience in the mathematical areas of coordinate conversion, geometry, and matrix math.
- Solid knowledge of optical engineering fundamentals preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience using Matlab preferred.
- Cleanroom experience preferred.
- Current Top Secret (TS/SCI) clearance with a current favorable single scope background investigation preferred. Ability and willingness to obtain such a clearance required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $29.13 - $39.48 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.