Operations Strategy Lead at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for an Operations Strategy Lead to support the execution of operational processes and priorities for Guild’s growing team of Coaches.
We are looking for someone who wants to roll up their sleeves; own, advocate and deploy processes designed to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the team; and is also interested in documenting and analyzing data and processes to help constantly improve student outcomes. We are looking for someone who can lead a small team and think critically about current processes and systems, while looking across the customer value chain to recommend and implement process improvements leveraging Lean principles. In addition, the person in this role will define business requirements, propose potential solutions, document standard practices and help solve unique, complex problems across our growing team of coaches. This person will lead the change management activities to establish a Lean culture of continuous improvement.
As an Operations Strategy Lead you will:
- Lead a small team of operations strategy associates (5-10) that support the end-to end student experience and coaching teams
- Partner with coaches, leadership, managers and other internal stakeholders to identify opportunities that eliminate waste and improve efficiency and effectiveness of internal practices
- Identify areas of improvement by documenting the student value chain, including areas that can be improved via automation to create scalable practices
- Partner with the Systems and Tools team and the Student Experience Leadership team to prioritize system, process, product and operational improvements
- Partner with the training, quality and knowledge management team to standardize work through clear process documentation, knowledge management and training protocols
- Assess and implement strategic changes using Agile/Lean practices across the student lifecycle
- Help create process and program improvements and support the implementation of operational changes for new/existing Partner launches
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Passion for higher education and our mission, student coaching experience strongly preferred
- Experience in Lean Management, Business Analysis, Change Management and/or Process Improvement
- Experience using Salesforce, CRM systems, and/or other business tools - Looker is a plus!
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to analyze data to develop, measure, and evolve processes
- Ability to support a wide variety of projects to improve team processes and outputs
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy
- Bias to action - You drive to project completion and are motivated by getting stuff done
- Robotics Process Automation (RPA) experience
- Ability to persuade/influence others
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $120,000 - 140,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth