Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
Operations Specialist – Tactical Solutions/Imaging and Surveillance
Oversee and coordinate all operational aspects of assigned projects. Assist in the management of development and/or production programs within the organization. The TS business consist of dynamic and highly technical programs with emphasis on design, fabrication and test of tactical EO systems, imaging systems, mechanisms, laser systems and tactical cryogenic applications.
What You’ll Do:
- As project may be part of a larger program, synchronization of the project with the overall program is essential.
- Act as liaison between program management, project team, functional management, and the customer.
- Plan, execute, monitor, control, document, and communicate all aspects of projects: cost, schedule, scope, technical performance, and resource use.
- Act as the liaison between IAS and the Ball security office.
- Plan, coordinate, monitor, and control the project team.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain Management: BOMs, subcontracts, material buys.
- Develop, manage, document, and communicate project schedules.
- Prepare and communicate status reports.
- Evaluate and resolve project issues to meet defined goals and objectives.
- Plan, monitor, document, and execute mitigation plans for project risk.
- Develop, use, and maintain tools to monitor project progress.
- Interface with the technical program team: Engineers and Technicians
- Recommend changes and enhancements to project operations.
- Manage project stakeholder expectations.
- Plan, monitor, and control project scope.
- Plan and conducts regular project meetings.
- Plan and execute all project closing activities: contract closure, compilation of lessons learned, and archiving of business artifacts.
- Develop good internal/external communication systems.
- Resolve conflicts, demands and priorities on assigned project.
- Participate in IAS staffing activities: planning, needs, assignments.
- Communicate program status to Upper Management.
- Manage and support proposals, as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Existing or ability to obtain a DoD Secret and SAP/SAR clearances.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with demanding customers, difficult schedules, and technically challenging projects.
- A desire to self-start and ability to understand the big picture as well as technical, budget and schedule issues at the detail level.
- Comfortable and competent with MS Office computer tools including: WORD, EXCEL, PROJECT, POWERPOINT and OFFICE.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation development and delivery skills.
- Proposal Management experience including familiarity with government requirements.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.