Operations Service Manager at Zayo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Operations Service Manager functions as the primary operations interface by serving as the critical customer advocate and liaison for large, strategic accounts. This role interfaces with multiple technical resources across the business to drive a superior, differentiated, and sustained customer experience. The manager will ensure operational continuity and scalability across functional teams during all stages of the lifecycle by coordinating, driving, and delivering operations reviews, Request for Outage (RFO) and Service Improvement Plans (SIP). Serves on cross-functional teams to raise awareness, drive to results, and resolve issues impacting assigned customer base. May train and mentor lower level peers and partner with management to share strategic responsibilities and team leadership.
- Act as escalation point, sometimes after hours, when standard processes are not meeting customer expectations. Once engaged, serves as primary communication for operational lifecycle issues by pulling in necessary resources to address ongoing issues.
- Serve as customer advocate, technical resource and Subject Matter Expert for internal company departments for assigned customer base and develop communication strategies with intern departments by staying well-versed in customer and internal SLA’s and operational processes in order to assist operations and sales in setting proper customer expectations based on defined Service Level criteria.
- Define and develop custom reporting and deliver regular operations review that illustrate network performance by highlighting positive performance trends and identifying areas for service improvement opportunities.
- Partner with Network Control Center (NCC) to identify, create, implement, and track post-mortem analysis and preventive measures and then take the lead in presenting that information to the customer.
- Define and communicate key Service Assurance process gaps that will be measured and tracked via Service Improvement Plans (SIP). Facilitate both internal and external meetings associated to SIP until initiatives are resolved.
- Travel is limited at customer or direct reports request (10% of the year).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, or other relative technological field.
- 5+ years of telecom industry experience with knowledge of Voice, Transport, IP, Data, Fiber and Managed Services.
- Strong technical and operational background and understanding of troubleshooting and configuration protocols.
- Strong understanding of operations processes and systems across all internal organizations as well as industry best practices.
- Exceptional customer-facing skills with an innate ability to empathize with customers.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to convey that information succinctly and clearly.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Strong time management, organizational, and prioritization capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills internally and customer-facing.
- Well-versed in communicating at both the technician as well as executive levels.
- Ability to positively influence and collaborate with stakeholders in other organizations to accomplish objectives while maintaining relationships.
- Ability to challenge the status quo with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Primarily office environment 8 to 5 with some business travel and after hours support.
- Must be willing to work on-call via cell phone, including weekends and holidays.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can thrive independently or in a team environment.
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave