Sunday: Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix for Lawns.)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors and advisors, and following our Series C raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment. If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out the article on us in FastCompany!
The Operations Procurement Manager will manage the procurement, tracking, receipt confirmation, and payment for all operational materials. This will include (but not be limited to) materials for production support and direct to consumer kitting, hard goods for our Sunday Store, marketing materials, and all other procurement activity required by Operations. This position significantly impacts the Operations team ability to maintain production schedules and inventory levels.
This role will work closely with the entire Operations team and the R&D sourcing team. They will own the review of demand signals and translate that to PO’s. They will also be the key interface between Sunday and our procurement partners.
This is an opportunity to come in at an inflection point of a fast-paced startup, directly impact the company’s trajectory, and be a key contributor to a team that’s changing an industry for the better.
You'll Make an Impact By:
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Overseeing and managing the IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods
- Preparing procurement reports
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration
- Minimum of 4 years of experience managing supply chain operations procurement responsibilities
- Experience using supply chain management software and tools
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms
- Proficient in Google and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access)
- Management and leadership skills
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced startup environment
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Help make critical decisions that will drive success
- Compensation: $87,000 - $107,000
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 99%; spouse/family 50%
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) program
- Location: Boulder, CO / COVID Remote