Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
We are looking for a Manager to join our Business Operations function, with a particular focus on supporting our Member Experience team as we go through a period of tremendous growth. This is a key role for someone who exhibits both intellectual curiosity and rigor, and a capacity of execution to lead a broad set of stakeholders towards operational excellence.
Reporting to our VP of Data & Business Operations, you will take the lead in setting up industry-leading operational capabilities within our Member Experience department. You will act both as a strategic partner to the executive leadership team and operations partner to the Member Experience organization to maintain excellence in customer service and enable the team to scale. The ideal candidate possesses strong business acumen and analytical skills, deep empathy, and obsession for customer satisfaction, and can not only think strategically and leverage data to make decision but also get her hands dirty to optimize processes and push for change and improvements. She thrives working on projects independently as well as with a diverse set of stakeholders.
This is a key role with broad strategic responsibilities, an opportunity to directly influence the trajectory and performance of our business, and significant growth potential. The individual must be highly motivated, a self-starter with a strong track record of achievements, and both an obsession for rigorous work and bias for action
If you are passionate, about travel, about working on both strategic project and hands-on implementation, and relate to our vision and DNA, please apply.
Although most of the team is based in Denver, the role can be remote for the right candidate.
Here's what you'll do:
- Work with the Member Experience and Ops leadership to craft a clear operational strategy for the department, and work with the Member Experience team and other stakeholders on its execution
- Select and manage the Member Experience technology stack to accelerate Hotel Engine’s growth
- Work with the Head of Member Experience, Member Experience managers, and Member Experience Team Leads to map workflows, identify operational bottlenecks, propose and implement remedial actions
- Develop, monitor, and analyze KPIs for the department to assess performance, and provide on an on-going basis actionable recommendation to drive operational efficiency
- Work with Member Experience leadership to develop, maintain and operationalize forecasting and staffing model
- Define, implement, and monitor processes for cases prioritization, assignment, escalation, and management
- Define, measure and monitor goals and SLAs
- Develop risk monitoring and mitigation frameworks
- Build outsourcing plan in line with expected company growth and manage relationship with sub-contractors
- Partner with executive and Member Experience leadership, and other functions to propose and implement scalable solutions and new processes
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders, including in Sales, Supply, Product to develop and implement operational strategy to decrease customer impacting issues and to maintain high customer satisfaction
- Develop training and documentation for new processes and system implementation
- Work with the customer excellence analyst to create and maintain dashboards and reports, and communicate insights regularly to aid management decision-making
Here's what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in technical, quantitative, strategy or customer service fields. At least 3 years of operations experience at a technology company, with exposure to Operations and Growth functions
- You can perform rigorous quantitative and qualitative data analyses both independently and in partnership with the Data & Analytics team to define KPIs, leverage them to have a deep understanding of the health and performance of the business, identify opportunity and threats, and deliver well-crafted and persuasive findings and recommendations to cross-functional stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication skills both in written (memos, emails, decks) and verbal form
- Proven ability to lead projects to completion and collaborate seamlessly with others
- You are able to absorb quantitative and qualitative data and information from a variety of sources (customer interviews, competitors, market research, sales rep data, internal dashboards, leadership input, etc..), connect it and derive clear conclusion and recommendations
- You are comfortable writing intermediate SQL without supervision and using Business Intelligence tools (Looker, Tableau, Periscope for instance0 to retrieve data and build well-designed visualizations and dashboards
- You are a self-starter, able to operate effectively and with autonomy in a fast-paced environment with a high level of ambiguity, and you have experience building productive and positive relationships across an organization at all levels (entry level to senior executives)
- Track record of rigorous execution and high impact
- Highly detailed-oriented and exceptional organizational and follow-through skills is a must
- The total cash compensation for this role is $80,000 - $110,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program