Here at SumUp we are proud of our amazing and challenging work environment, our multinational teams, the enthusiasm and passion that everyone brings to the table. Why? Because we do things differently. With more than 1500 enthusiastic employees from more than 30 nations around the globe, we all come together to offer our merchants the best product and service. If you’re looking for a chance to participate and contribute your ideas, this is the right place for you.
We are inspired by a dream: payments should be easy, intuitive and affordable to empower small merchants all over the world. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand. We are well on our way, as small businesses in over 33 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants.
SumUp is growing fast in the US and is looking for an Operations Manager for our office in Boulder, CO. If you believe you are the right fit for our expanding team, we would love to have you apply.
What you will do?
- You will thoroughly understand the technology behind the products that empower millions of merchants every day and execute on initiatives that improve our services on a daily basis
- You closely work together with other departments within the company, such as sales, marketing, and compliance to make their workflows easier, smoother and scalable
- Present models, findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes
- Actively work on the optimization of all processes related to our customers, to constantly increase the happiness of our merchants
- Focus areas include: Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Management of several e-commerce channels, Acquirer Relations Management, Troubleshooting for Day-to-day Problems that block the team, Payment Operations, Support all Teams with any upcoming blockers, Integrations with 3rd Party providers and managing teams across different locations
- You’re part of an international and multilingual team
Why you will love this job?
- Ability to think quickly and perform problem-solving tasks, even within changing conditions
- Strong organization and communication skills, quickly evaluating every situation
- 1-4 years of experience of investment banking / consulting / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities and clear communicator
- A “driver” personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills
- This role demands excellent stakeholder and project management skills, as well as the ability to both plan and execute projects of varying time horizons and scope with minimal guidance
- Self-motivated, works independently and possess strong time management skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- SQL Proficiency strongly preferred
- Finance, tech, startup experience+
What you will love about SumUp?
- An exciting and highly motivated working environment
- Prime office location on Pearl Street (Downtown Boulder)
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- FSA & 401K Retirement Plans
- Immediate PTO available upon hire
- Startup environment and small, cross-functional teams
- Fun: weekly team events and SumUp US milestone celebrations
- Free rotating beer selection, fruits, and organic snacks
- Free Bus Pass and discounted Gym Memberships
- 1 Powder day - this is why we live in Boulder, right?
Who are we?
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe, South America and strongly growing in the US. We started out 8 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone and entered the US market about two years ago. We created a unique device that, with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. So, our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses; we put them first. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. So, if you’re looking for the chance to innovate and disrupt the payment industry – join us. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them.
Do you want to join? We’re looking forward to your application!